Uganda Hippos forward Ivan Bogere has promised to put up a strong performance at the Under-20 Africa Cup of Nations Championship.
The striker is confident about Uganda’s chances as they gear up for a showdown in Mauritania next month.
The Uganda Hippos are currently training at the MTN Stadium in Lugogo.
Speaking after yesterday’s training, Bogere said:
“Training is good on my side, I have learnt a lot as a player plus the team as well.
“I believe when I make it to the final squad, I promise my fans to put up a good performance and bring all the awards back home.”
Bogere finished as the tournament top scorer with five goals at the recently concluded CECAFA U20 (AFCON Qualifiers) in Arusha, Tanzania.
In the AFCON U20, Uganda Hippos are in Group A with hosts Mauritania, Cameroon and Mozambique.
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo