*Mali vs Congo Brazavile, 7pm
*DR Congo vs Cameroon, 10pm
*Morocco vs Zambia, 7pm
*Guinea vs Rwanda, 10pm
Uganda Cranes were guaranteed Shs647m (US$175,000) for qualifying for the ongoing Africa Nations Championship (Chan) in Cameroon.
They had a chance of increasing that to as much as Shs4.6bn ($1.25m) that will be received by the winners upon the conclusion of the final slated for February 7 at Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo, Yaoundé.
By finishing bottom of group C having drawn with Rwanda (0-0) and lost to both Togo (1-2) and Morocco (2-5), coach Jonny McKinstry’s team settled for the bare minimum.
The champions’ prize kitty is an increase from the US$700,000 received by 2018 winners Morocco from the Confederation of African Football (Caf).
The runners-up of this tournament will receive US$700,000, while the third-and fourth-placed teams will bag home the sums of US$400,000 and US$300,000 respectively.
The DR Congo is the most successful team in the tournament. They have lifted the trophy for a record two times.
The home based Leopards were crowned champions of the inaugural edition in 2009 (in Côte d’Ivoire) before winning again in 2016 (in Rwanda).
To add to their total, DR Congo must knock out hosts Cameroon when the quarterfinals kick off on Saturday.
2009 – DR Congo
2011 – Tunisia
2014 – Libya
2016 – DR Congo
2018 – Morocco
- AFCON U-20: Uganda Hippos To Face Tunisia in Semifinals
- Onduparaka FC vs Vipers SC: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview, Stats and How To Watch
- Bright Stars Vs Police: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And Stats
- Mbarara Vs Kyetume: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And Stats
- Paidah Intensifies Preps Ahead Of Big League Kickoff