Uganda Hippos Captain Gavin Kizito is buoyant ahead of the forthcoming Under-20 Africa Cup of Nations.
The SC Villa defender says that the Hippos are ready and set for the challenge in Mauritania next month.
After a successful CECAFA U20 championship that was held in Arusha (Tanzania), Uganda will be hoping a big mark on their debut on the Continent.
“We have prepared very well and ready for the tournament since we have spent almost a week in the camp,” Kizito said.
“We are prepared both physically, mentally and technically in a way that we had positive results from our practice match with KCCA this week.
“We expect positive results from the tournament ahead of us, we as players are fit and ready for it.”
The Hippos beat KCCA 3-2 on Wednesday and will be facing the same side this Friday in another practice match.
Kizito captained the team that won the just concluded CECAFA U20 championship in Arusha,Tanzania to seal a place in Afcon U20.
Uganda hippos were drawn in group A with hosts Mauritania, Cameroon and Mozambique in the forthcoming Afcon U20 championship.
The tournament will be held in Mauritania between February 14th to March 6th 2021.
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo