*Mali 0(5)-(4)0 Congo
*DR Congo 1-2 Cameroon
*Morocco vs Zambia, 7pm
*Guinea vs Rwanda, 10pm
Cameroon and Mali booked their places at the semifinals of the ongoing Africa Nations Championship (CHAN).
Cameroon, the hosts, edged two-time record winners DR Congo while Mali needed shootouts to oust Congo.
Cameroon did it the hard way, coming from a goal down to stun DR Congo who had taken the lead through Makabi Lilepo at Japoma Stadium in Douala.
Cameroon Striker Yannick Ndjeng benefited from a blunder from goalkeeper Let Matampi to bundle home at close range and level matters just before the half-hour mark.
Felix Oukine Tcheoude put the hosts in the lead in the 43rd minute with a powerful effort that eluded Matampi after taking a slight deflection to send the home fans into wild celebrations.
In the other game, nothing could seperate Congo and Mali even after extra time.
In the shootouts, Congo’s Prince Mouandzu Mapata missed his kick while all the Mali players – Issaka Samake, Moussa Kyabou, Makan Samabali, Mamadou Doumba and Mamadou Coulibaly – converted theirs to go through.
Cameroon will face winner between Morocco and Zambia while Mali await Rwanda or Guinea at the semifinals.
- Uganda Hippos Vs Tunisia: Preview, Probable Lineups And How To Watch
- AFCON U20: Ssemakula Optimistic Ahead Of Tunisia Semi Final Clash
- I Will Continue Criticising My Players Publically – Mutebi
- URA FC Goal Hero Delighted With Helping Team Win
- Rukare Calls For Unity As UOC Ushers In New Executive Board