Vipers defender Geoffrey Wasswa has held talks with URA FC coach Sam Ssimbwa ahead of a proposed move to URA FC.
The two had a brief meeting at Lugogo on Saturday midday, with the defender escorted by his agent Denis Namanya.
Since making his debut in 2016 under coach Abdallah Mubiru, Wasswa has been a strong pillar at Kitende despite some injury setbacks.
The out-of-contract versatile player has attracted attention from top sides in the league including KCCA and Express FC.
The Tax Collectors, however, are the top favourites to snatch Wasswa’s signature as they move to solidify their title intentions.
Ssimbwa’s charges are second on the log with 11 points, just a point below surprise leaders UPDF FC after five games when the league took a long break.
The UPL return will see URA FC host Express on February 14 at the Arena of Visions in Luwero.
- URA FC vs Kyetume FC: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- KCCA Vs UPDF: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And Stats
- MYDA Vs Kitara: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And How To Watch
- Express FC vs Busoga United FC: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Okello Speaks About Life At Paradou, Dreams Of Europe