Sunday, January 31
*Morocco 3-1 Zambia
*Rwanda 0-1 Guinea
Semifinals – Wednesday
*Cameroon Vs Morocco
*Mali Vs Guinea
Defending Champions Morocco and Guinea stormed the semifinals of the ongoing 2020 Africa Nations Championship (CHAN).
Morocco ousted Zambia 3-1 thanks to goals from Soufiane Rahimi, Mohammed Al Bemammer and Ayoub El Kaabi.
Zambia, coached by Micho, had Zachariah Chilongoshi sent off in the first half, but brought a goal back through Moses Phiri in the 80th minute.
In the other game, Rwanda were sent packing by Guinea in controversial fashion in an encounter headlined by a red card to each nation.
Rwanda’s goalkeeper Olivier Kwizera and Guinea’s Midfielder Mory Kante were given marching orders after VAR consultation.
Morlaye Sylla scored the only goal of the game from the spot.
Morocco face hosts Cameroon in semi-finals clash in Limbe on Wednesday while the other semi will see Guinea lock horns with Mali in Douala on the same day.
The winners will face off in the final at the Ahmadou Ahidjo Stadium on Sunday.
The losers match will be at the Reunification Stadium in Douala on Saturday.
- Busoga United Vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Kitara FC vs Express FC: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview, Stats
- Kalanda Predicts Difficult Game Against Kitara
- Kakooza Bags Hat-trick As Hippos Stun Tunisia To Storm Final
- Uganda Hippos XI: Byekwaso Makes Two Changes Vs Tunisia