Uganda Rugby Cranes star Solomon Okia has joined Stanbic Black Pirates, its official.
The 2018 Rugby Premiership champions have announced the development via their official pages.
Okia joins Pirates from Kenya Harlequins after expiry of his contract.
Known as ‘Maaso’ in the Rugby fraternity, Okia was part of the Uganda 7s team that qualified for the country’s first ever World Cup sevens in San Francisco, USA in 2018.
Blessed with blistering pace, Okia’s acceleration and explosiveness is expected to light up the local league for the first time since his departure from Buffaloes in 2017.
He is a big addition for Pirates who finished third last season, in a league that was prematurely ended due to Covid19.
Heathens led the log with 63 points and still unbeaten, followed by Betway Kobs and Black Pirates who had collected 58 and 48 points respectively.
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo