Ugandan football agent Niwagira Ronald Mwine Fred commonly known as Ronnie Santos has been released without any charges.
He was arrested a week ago for allegedly trying to fix a Kenyan Premier league match between Western Stima and KCB.
Senior Resident Magistrate Winfrida Onkunya released the Ugandan football agent on Monday after the investigating officer Benedict Kwanza told court that the complainant, Western Stima chair Laban Jobita decided not to pursue the matter.
“I want to tell the court that the complainant has decided not to pursue the matter further,”
Kwanza said, per Capital Sports in Kenya.
“We therefore request for the miscellaneous file to be closed.”
The magistrate said that the file had to be closed and that the accused person will be released.
Last Monday Mugisha failed to take plea after the investigative Officer requested to be granted 7 days to complete investigations but the court only gave 5 days.
He was arrested on January 24 after allegedly trying to bribe Western Stima players and officials to lose their Football Kenya Federation Premier League match against KCB in Nakuru.
He had allegedly promised to pay off 5,000 USD, an equivalent of Sh550,000 by today’s exchange rates, if indeed the game flew to his favor.
Western Stima is a home to Uganda’s Villa Oromchan.
(Additional Reporting from Capital Sports)
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo