Sunday, February 7
*Mali 0-2 Morocco
Morocco beat Mali 2-0 to win the 2020 Africa Nations Championship in Cameroon on Sunday.
They become the first nation to defend the title they won in 2018 when they thrashed Nigeria 4-0.
On Sunday, second half goals from Abdelmouna Boutouil and Ayoub El Kaabi proved enough for the side in a thrilling final at Ahmadou Ahidjo stadium in Yaounde.
Boutouli headed in from Namsaoui’s corner in the 68th minute to put the Atlas Lions on track.
El Kaabi later doubled the lead in the 79th minute from another corner, this time from Ali Bemammer, to compound Mali misery.
Without doubt, Morocco have been the best side this year having topped Group E before eliminating Zambia 3-1 and hosts Cameroon 4-0 at knockout stage.
On Saturday, Guinea overcame hosts Cameroon with a deserved 2-0 victory to clinch third spot.
2009 – DR Congo
2011 – Tunisia
2014 – Libya
2016 – DR Congo
2018 – Morocco
2020 – Morocco
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo