There will be a remembrance service this Friday, February 12 2021 in Bwaise in memory of slain boxer Zebra Mando Ssenyange.
The candlelight ceremony will be held at Zebra Boxing Club in Bwaise.
The following day, a dua and Funeral prayer services will be held at his home in St Francis Zone in Bwaise, Kampala.
Family, friends and the boxing fraternity have been invited to the two special events organised by Mercy Mukankusi Zebra (Widow) and his son Ssenyange Isaac Zebra Jr.
Zebra Mando, a Former Uganda National team Boxing captain, was shot dead in the late hours of December 29 at his home.
His son is quoted as saying that he was chased from his house before he was shot dead in a corridor in the neighborhood.
In his End of Year address, President Museveni confessed that it was his Security men who gunned down Mando before promising to provide justice.
He competed at the 2011 All Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique – His overall amateur record was at 214 fights of which he lost 19 times.
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo