*SC Villa Vs MYDA FC – Bombo Military Barracks Grounds (live on Sanyuka TV), 3pm
*Vipers SC Vs UPDF FC – St. Mary’s Stadium, 4pm
*Soltilo Bright Stars Vs FC Kitara FC – Kavumba Recreation Ground, 4pm
*URA FC Vs Express FC – Arena of Visions (Live on Sanyuka)
- SC Villa welcome back goalkeeper Meddie Kibirige who returns after serving one-game ban (accumulated yellow cards). He missed the loss to Express.
- The record winners will be without centre back Gavin Kizito Mugweri who is with the Uganda Hippos in Mauritania for AFCON U20 Championship.
- New signing Francis Olaki has been included in the Match-day squad.
- For MYDA, Ibra Nsimbe didn’t travel with the team to Bombo due to family issues while Bagoth Yusuf is still sidelined.
- Derrick Basoga is back alongside main striker Paul Kibande who missed the last games due to licensing issues as Paul Musamali is expected to make his debut. Solomon Babyesiza is the other new signing eyeing his debut as well.
- The Visitors will be without Peter Musoke who picked an injury against Vipers.
SC Villa XI – Meddie Kibirige (GK), Joseph Nsubuga, Derrick Ndahiro, Moses Kiggundu, Asuman Alishe (C), Emmanuel Wasswa, Amir Kakomo, Goffin Oyirwoth, Ronald Ssekiganda, Francis Olaki, Nicholas Kabonge
MYDA FC XI – Isaac Osikol (GK) (C), Fred Okot, Dickson Owuta Paul Musamali, Amos Etojo, Derrick Basoga, Mark Basi, Moses Batali, Amos Kirya, Norman Ojik, Paul Kibande
Preview: Will Villa Prove Too Strong For Minnows?
SC Villa have collected seven points from their opening five games and will need a reaction after losing to rivals Express FC before the league went for a break.
A lot has happened since then, with the club adding Francis Olaki to boost their attacking department.
They will miss youngster Gavin Kizito at the back, for a side that has only one clean sheet so far – a 3-0 home win against Mbarara City but Joseph Nsubuga is expected to fill the void at right back.
“We started preparations for the return of the league a month and a half ago,” coach Edward Kaziba has told The-SportsNation.
“We have had time to do everything on the pitch and gym so we are very ready for the game against MYDA.
*We are going to approach the match just as we play any super division team, we are not going to take any chances just bse MYDA hasn’t won a match.”
MYDA FC on the other hand, have the leakiest defence on the league, having conceded 19 goals including seven against Vipers last time out.
They had scored in each game since joining too flight before visiting Kitende where they fired blanks.
The return of their main target man Paul Kibande is a big boost and he, alongside veteran forward Norman Ojik, may prove handful for Villa back-line.
How To Watch:
The match will be broadcast live on Sanyuka TV, at 3pm.
SC Villa fans, season ticket holders to be specific, will be allowed to access Bombo Barracks stadium.
You can as well follow our updates on social media and a comprehensive match report plus reactions thereafter.
This is the first top flight meeting between SC Villa and malaba-based MYDA FC.
BUL (A) 2-2
Mbarara (H) 3-0
URA (A) 1-2
KCCA (H) 2-1
Express (A) 0-1
Police (H) 1-3
Onduparaka (H) 2-3
Bright Stars (A) 2-3
Mbarara (H) 3-3
Vipers (A) 0-7
- Sadat Anaku Scores Hat-trick To Spur KCCA Past Busoga
- We Are Going To Win The AFCON U20 Trophy – Kakooza
- We Did Not Sleep For Three Nights Before Tunisia Game – Byekwaso
- UPDF Vs URA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Onduparaka FC vs BUL FC: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats