Tuesday, February 16
*Busoga United vs Soltilo Bright Stars FC – FUFA Technical Centre, 1pm
*Kyetume Vs Vipers – FUFA Technical Centre, 4pm
*Kitara Vs Mbarara City FC – Kavumba Recreation Ground, 4pm
*Police vs BUL – MTN Omondi Stadium, 4pm
*UPDF Vs Onduparaka FC – Bombo Military Barracks Grounds, 4pm
Wednesday, February 17
*Express Vs KCCA FC – Betway Muteesa II Stadium, 4pm
*MYDA Vs URA FC – King George IV Memorial Stadium, 4pm
*Wakiso Giants vs SC Villa – Kabaka Kyabaggu Sports Stadium, 4pm
- Kyetume will continue to be without Benon Tahomera and Nicholas Kasozi who were suspended over poor disciplinary cases.
- David Oyeda and Mike Fahe will miss out once again due to licenses.
- Kyetume expected to welcome back head coach Livingston Mbabazi after ending his leave.
- The venoms welcome back Shaban Muhammed after he missed two previous games.
- They will continue to be without about seven youngsters on the Uganda Hippos team in Mauritania including Aziz Kayondo and Bobosi Byaruhanga.
- Fabien Mutombora, Livingston Mulondo and Lawrence Tezikya are set to be recalled after missing the hard fought win against UPDF.
Kyetume FC – Joel Mutakubwa, Henry Orom, Richard Matovu, Musitafa Mujuzi, Joshua Kigozi, Isaac Kirabira, Julius Lule, Ali Feni, Ezra Bida, Baker Buyal, Sharif Saaka.
Fabien Mutombora (GK), Joseph Dhata, Disan Galiwango, Livingston Mulondo, Halid Lwaliwa, Siraj Ssentamu, Karim Watambala, David Bagoole, Paul Mucureezi, Ceaser Manzoki, Yunus Ssentamu.
Preview: Vipers Target To Extend Lead Atop
Vipers will be seeking to skip Kyetume hurdle when they visit the side at FUFA Technical centre in Njeru.
They return at the same astro turf where they beat Busoga United 5-3 and will be hoping for similar fortunes.
The side come into this game on the back of a hard fought 1-0 win over minnows UPDF who had to first be reduced to a man down for Yunus Ssentamu to get the winner.
“This game is as important as other games for us, we have to keep focused and also play with determination and hope for the best. There is still a long way to go but we are taking one game at a time until we get there,” said Halid Lwaliwa, as quoted by Vipers media.
“We had quite a slow start into the previous game but we have since put a few things together and hope to approach this one differently.”
Kyetume on the other hand, come into the game on the back of a 3-1 loss to Police at Lugogo and the side will be seeking to return to winning ways against leaders and defending champions.
The build up has been marred by Kyetume’s off pitch issues that include the indefinite suspension of defender Benon Tahomera over a scuffle with club officials.
The side will be hoping to put that behind to produce a shocker at Njeru.
This will be the third meeting between Kyetume and Vipers, with the Venoms winning both fixtures last season in the league.
Fahad Bayo and Dan Sserunkuma (penalty) handed Vipers a 2-1 win at Namboole while Paul Mucureezi scored the lone goal on his debut in the reverse fixture at Kitende.
Vipers sit atop with 14 points, five above Kyetume in eighth place.
The loss against Police was the first for the Slaughters this season, for a side that picked wins against UPDF and BUL.
Vipers on the other hand, remain one of three teams yet to lose a league this season – The others are Wakiso Giants and Express FC.
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo