*Bright Stars FC vs UPDF FC – Kavumba Recreation Grounds
*Vipers SC vs Police FC – St. Mary’s Stadium
*Onduparaka FC vs Kyetume FC – Green Light Stadium
*Mbarara City FC vs Busoga United FC – Kakyeka Stadium
*KCCA FC vs MYDA FC – MTN Omondi Stadium
*BUL FC vs Express FC – Kyabazinga Stadium
*URA FC vs Wakiso Giants FC – Arena of Visions
*SC Villa vs Kitara FC – Bombo Military Barracks Stadium
• Bright Stars will be without a host of players on Friday.
• Simon Ssemayange, Sam Sekitto, Ronald Sempala, Methodius Jungu, Andrew Kyambadde and Alfred Onek are all still out.
• Joseph Akandwanaho will also be sidelined for the encounter after he was taken off injured in the last game.
• Sam Kayongo and Derrick Kiggundu are both available after overcoming injuries last week
• UPDF FC welcomes back Isa Mubiru who missed the last game due to suspension.
• However, Dickson Okwir remains out due to suspension after he was sent off for descent against Vipers SC last week.
• Bernard Muwanga, Eric Kibowa and Alex Kitata will be hoping for some game time after signing for the Army side in January.
Bright Stars XI – Godwin Buule, Andrew Kaggwa, Derrick Ngoobi, Ronald Nkonge, Allan Katwe, Hamisi Gabite, Warren Bule, Joseph Janjali, Marvin Joseph, Ibrahim Kasinde, Augustine Kacancu.
UPDF FC XI – Wasswa Yusuf, Bright Jospeh, Isa Mubiru, Kajuba Jessy, Ssekitoleko Denis, Ibrahim Wamaanah, Ezekiel Katende, Zzinda Hussein, Kalumba Brian, Seif Bate, Kabuye Ruben.
Bright Stars are hoping to keep their current unbeaten run that has seen them win twice and draw as many in their past four encounters.
This is a decent run of results that has erased the poor start they endured at the start of the season when they picked just a single point in their first three games.
This run has seen the Stars climb from the bottom three to 10th on the log with nine points from seven games.
Bright Stars have goals in them and will expect to continue scoring after failing to do so only once this season. The only time they failed to find the back of the net was in the 0-0 draw away to URA FC on match-day two.
In their last four games, they have managed 11 goals and with such scoring form, they must fancy their chances of picking all three points which may see them end up in 5th spot at the end of match-day seven, if the other results go their way.
The visitors on the other hand, come into Friday’s game deprived of confidence.
UPDF are trying to avoid a third successive defeat having lost to both Vipers SC and Onduparaka FC in their last two games.
Worryingly for Kefa Kisala’s side is that they have now not scored for 180 minutes, contrary to netting 11 goals in their opening five games.
It is a big game for the Army side as they seek to replicate their early season form that saw them sit top of the log by league break in December.
This will be the third meeting between the two sides in the top-flight since 2017.
In the past two meeting, UPDF won once and drew the other.
When Bright Stars hosted UPDF in the 2017/18 season, the two sides drew 0-0.