Uganda Cranes recorded the biggest drop after the FIFA rankings revealed on Thursday.
The team dropped six places and fell four places to rank 83rd.
This, follows the team’s poor show at the recently concluded CHAN in Cameroon where they finished bottom of the group.
Uganda drew with Rwanda, lost to debutants Togo and defending champions Morocco.
The rankings come at a time when the Cranes set to play Burkina Faso and Malawi next month in the final games of the AFCON Qualifiers.
CHAN was a standout tournament since the last rankings were released but the fixtures have been classified as friendlies by FIFA “because only players competing in the national championships of the participating countries are eligible to take part.”
CHAN winners Morocco (33rd, +2), and runners-up Mali (54th, +3) have made the most progress. Third-placed Guinea (72nd, +1) and quarter-finalists Congo (90th, +1) have also advanced.
The next FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking will be published on 8 April 2021.
Top 10 Africa:
- Senegal (20)
- Tunisia (26)
- Algeria (31)
- Morocco (33)
- Nigeria (36)
- Egypt (49)
- Cameroon (50)
- Ghana (52)
- Mali (54)
- Burkina Faso (58)
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo