Saturday, February 20
*Mauritania 1-2 Uganda
*Mozambique 1-4 Cameroon
Etienne Eto’o Pineda, son of legendary striker Samuel Eto’o, scored a brace and an assist as Cameroon eased past Mozambique in the 2021 AFCON U20 Championship in Mauritania.
The striker, donning Jersey 10 (dad wore 9), was making his first appearance at the tournament having been unused substitute against Mauritania and Uganda.
He opened the score-sheet in the 8th minute with a well taken freekick and later scored from the spot to send the keeper the wrong way.
Eto’o Etienne provided an assist to Kevin Prince Milla to put the game to bed.
Mozambique pulled one back through Gianluca Lorenzoni with a free kick but the side was later punished with a fourth from Abdoulaye Yahaya.
His dad is the leading goalscorer for Cameroon, having netted 56 goals from 118 games.
He played for Real Madrid, Mallorca, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Chelsea among others.
Etienne Eto’o came through the youth ranks at Real Mallorca between 2006 and 2009 and is currently at Real Oviedo in Spain.
Etienne Eto’o Pineda was eligible to represent his birth country Spain, where he was born at the time his Dad was playing in La Liga.
He will be hoping to stamp his authority at the quarterfinal after Cameroon progressed as Group A leaders with nine points above Uganda who beat Mauritania 2-1.
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo