Tuesday, February 23
*Kyetume FC Vs Bright Stars FC, Njeru – 1pm
*Busoga United Vs SC Villa, Njeru, 4pm (Live on Sanyuka)
*Vipers SC Vs BUL FC, Kitende – 4pm
*MYDA FC Vs Express FC, Tororo – 4pm
*Wakiso Giants Vs KCCA FC, Wakissha – 4pm
Wednesday, February 24
*UPDF FC Vs Mbarara City FC, Bombo – Live on Sanyuka
*Police FC Vs Onduparaka – Lugogo
*Kitara FC Vs URA FC, Kavumba
- Busoga United welcome back Edwin Opaala, the Senior six student missed the away Mbarara game due to school commitments.
- Bernard Wamusi is available after missing the Mbarara game as well while Ivan Wani, Debo and George Kasonko are still sidelined
- Mohammedi Nsereko, Nasser Lukwago, Andrew Kiwanuka, Abdallah Ssekandi, Benson Muhindo and Francis Olaki are sidelined
- Team captain Asuman Alishe is one booking away from suspension.
Busoga United – Rogers Omedwa, Franco Onen, Abubaker Otwao, Shafic Kakeeto, Douglas Muganga, Franco Magero, Gerrard Bagoole, Jeromy Kirya, Paul Ssekulima, Anthony Mayanja, Isaac Waigona
SC Villa – Saidi Keni, Joseph Nsubuga, Derrick Ndahiro, Moses Kigundu, Asuman Alishe, Amir Kakomo, Goffin Oyirwoth, Emmanuel Wasswa, Faizol Kazibwe, Ronald Ssekiganda, Nicholas Kabonge
Preview: Another Late Show?
Villa take a trip outside the City to face Busoga United in a StarTimes Uganda Premier League TV game at FUFA Technical centre in Njeru.
Since the league return from the long CHAN break, Villa have needed late shows to pick a point (s).
Faizo Kazibwe scored in the 1-0 win against MYDA and was the hero again as they overcame Kitara.
In between the two games against struggling newcomers, Villa had Abdallah Salim scored twice as they came from down to draw Wakiso Giants.
It has become a habit for Edward Kaziba’s side, a sign of resilience and indomitableness.
Whichever way you may see it, glass half full, but Villa has to beat teams below them on the table with ease.
They face a Busoga side that is yet to win a game and there will be no excuse of the Jogoos don’t walk away with maximum points.
The hosts have failed to hit the ground running but a clean sheet in their last outing can be a starting point for Coach Abbey Bogere Kikomeko.
Busoga United FC
- The hosts are 14th on the table, third from bottom with four points after eight games.
- Together with MYDA and Kitara, Busoga United are yet to win a league game this season.
- They have drawn twice and lost as many in their four home games at home this season.
- They have drawn their last three games in a row, and a 0-0 draw against Mbarara City last time out is their first and only clean sheet this season.
- The Jogoos are 6th with 14 points and can go as high as second with a win if other results go their way
- Villa has now won a league away game so far – Drawing with Wakiso and BUL before losing to Express and URA.
- Nicholas Kabonge is the club’s leading goalscorer with three goals while Derrick Ndahiro Fazio Kazibwe and Isaac Ogwang have scored twice each.
Head To Head
- This is will be the ninth meeting between the two sides in the league – Busoga has won three, drawn three and lost twice.
- Moses Kiggundu scored in his own net, slicing inside Ivan Wani’s delivery, as Busoga won 1-0 at Namboole against SC Villa last season.
- The last meeting with Busoga as hosts ended 1-1: Boban Zirintusa scored a penalty before Emmanuel Wasswa equalised for Villa.
*Villa 0-1 Busoga
*Busoga 1-1 Villa
*Villa 1-2 Busoga
*Busoga 2-2 Villa
*Villa 2-0 Busoga
*Busoga 1-1 Villa
*Busoga 1-0 Villa
*Villa 2-0 Busoga