Tuesday, February 23
*Kyetume FC Vs Bright Stars FC, Njeru – 1pm
*Busoga United Vs SC Villa, Njeru, 4pm – Live on Sanyuka
*Vipers SC Vs BUL FC, Kitende – 4pm
*MYDA FC Vs Express FC, Tororo – 4pm
*Wakiso Giants Vs KCCA FC, Wakissha – 4pm
Wednesday, February 24
*UPDF FC Vs Mbarara City FC, Bombo – Live on Sanyuka
*Police FC Vs Onduparaka – Lugogo
*Kitara FC Vs URA FC, Kavumba
- Wakiso Giants have Edward Satulo available for selection after missing the previous two games.
- George Kaddu has license issues as Frank Ssebuufu is still waiting for his debut.
- KCCA FC will continue to be without Sadat Anaku, Ayella Dominic and Opio Sunday who are without licenses.
- Julius Poloto, Denis Iguma and Gift Ali are down with injuries.
Wakiso Giants – Samson Kirya (Gk), Faizul Anini, Simon Namwanja, Geriga Atendere, Alex Komakech, Tom Masiko, Lawrence Bukenya, Ibrahim Kasule, Viane Ssekajugo, Kipson Atuhiere, Hassan Ssenyonjo
KCCA FC – Charles Lukwago, Filbert Obenchan, Peter Magambo, Herbert Achai, Moses Aliro, Mazengo Loro, Yasin Mugume, Juma Balinya, Bright Anukani, Charles Lwanga, Brian Aheebwa.
Preview: Can KCCA Extend Resurgence?
KCCA FC visit Wakiso Giants in a league game at Kabaka Kyabaggu Stadium, Wakissha.
The Lugogo-based side got a relief last time out when they beat MYDA 5-0 to return to winning ways following a barren spell highlighted by three losses in a row.
MYDA FC put up no contest but the victory gave KCCA hope and confidence ahead of their next games.
Charles Lwanga continued his scoring form, and has been on target since the league resumed, taking advantage of the absence of Sam Ssenyonjo who is with Uganda Hippos in Mauritania.
Leading goalscorer Brian Aheebwa is yet to find the net since last year, and fluffed his penalty against BUL but will be pushing to end the dry spell.
Wakiso on the other hand, has drawn all but once so far in eight league games this season.
They squandered a two-goal lead to share spoils with Villa (2-2) but were lucky to walk away with a point in Ndejje against URA FC.
The hosts’ Lawrence Bukenya and Tom Masiko will be extra limted motivated as they will be facing their former pay masters.
This will be the second meeting in top flight. With Allan Okello scoring the only goal at Lugogo last season.
The Match Facts
- The Purple Sharks are 10th on the table with as many points and can go level with KCCA with a win
- The club has the Mbarara 1-0 win at Kakyeka as their only victory this season, the rest have been draws.
- They have won their last six home games in a row and last won at home in February 2020 thanks to a 2-1 victory over Maroons.
- The ‘Kasasiro Boys’ are 7th with 13 points and can go as high as second with a victory.
- Only Vipers (22) has scored more goals than KCCA (21) this season.
- KCCA FC has lost two away games this season – against SC Villa and BUL FC
- Crested Cranes: Lutalo impressesed with team’s progress ahead of COSAFA
- Derrick Kakooza Starts Training With His New Club Valmiera
- Isaac Okello: Onduparaka FC Confirms Eighth Signing
- FIFA Rankings: Uganda Drops, Top 10 in Africa and World Revealed
- Big League: Former Express Midfielder Back At Maroons