Wednesday, February 24
*UPDF FC Vs Mbarara City FC – Bombo (Live on Sanyuka)
*Police FC Vs Onduparaka – Lugogo
*Kitara FC Vs URA FC – Kavumba
- UPDF will have Isa Mubiru back after serving his suspension following his red card at Vipers.
- Striker Dickens Okwir remain out as he continues to serve his ban.
- Mbarara City will be without striker Bashir Mutanda, Onyai Raymond, Okwalinga Solomon
- The club has reportedly signed Henry Kitegenyi but they are yet to secure his license by press time.
UPDF – Yusuf Wasswa (Gk), Joseph Vuni, Jesse Kajuba, Denis Ssekitoleko, Simon Mbazira, Charles Ssebutinde, Ibrahim Wamanah, Brian Kayanja, Brian Kalumba, Ezekiel Katende.
Mbarara City – Mohammed Ssekeba (Gk), Stephen Othieno, Jasper Aheebwa, Sulaiman Bamba, Hillary Mukundane, Pistis Barenge, Bebe Swalik, John Adriko, Jude Ssemugabi, Bamba Chato, Wol Makueth
Preview – Can UPDF Arrest Poor Form?
UPDF FC has struggled to get their form back since the Uganda Premier League returned from the CHAN break.
Kefa Kisala’s side play host to Mbarara City FC in a TV game at Bombo Military Barracks ground.
Before the break, UPDF were top of the log and had justified their status thanks to a sharp forward line led by Brian Kalumba who bagged four goals.
An expected defeat at Vipers was followed by a home loss against UPDF before they were humiliated by Bright Stars.
Mbarara City will look to rub more salt in the UPDF wound but they have got to do it without head coach Brian Ssenyondo who was issued a suspension letter by the club.
Sadiq Ssempigi has failed to get things going as their only win came recently against Kitara, in a match which Ssenyondo was involved.
They fired blanks against Busoga United, a team they were supposed to beat by the fact that they were playing at home.
Head To Head
- This will be the third meeting between the two sides in Uganda Premier League having met in 2017/18 season before UPDF got relegated.
- Mbarara won the first round game 2-1 in 2017 and lost 1-0 in the second round (2018), thanks to a penalty by Suleiman Majanjaro.
- The hosts are ninth on the log with 12 points (four wins, four wins) but can go as high as fourth with a win if other results go their way.
- They have lost three from as many since the league resumed after the CHAN break, scoring no goal in the period.
- The Ankole Lions are 12th with seven points
- They have not lost to a newcomer this season, having beaten Kitara and drawing against MYDA