Saturday, February 27
*Onduparaka Vs Vipers, Arua – 1pm (Live on Sanyuka)
*Bright Stars Vs Police, Kavumba – 4pm
*KCCA Vs Kitara, Lugogo
*Mbarara City Vs Kyetume, Kakyeka
*SC Villa Vs UPDF, Bombo
*URA Vs Busoga United, Ndejje
- The Ankole Lions will continue to miss the trio of Bashir Mutanda, Solomon Okwalinga and Raymond Onyai
- The club has reportedly secured a license for striker Henry Kitegenyi.
- For the Slaughters, striker David Oyeda is available for selection for the first time since he was signed from Nyamityobora.
- Goalkeeper Joel Mutakubwa traveled with the team but will face late fitness test while Richard Matovu has recovered from illness.
Mbarara FC XI – Muhamad Ssekeba, Othieno Stephen, Hillary Mukundane, Jasper Aheebwa, Souleymane Bamba, Pistis Barenge, Ibrahim Magandazi, Swaliki Bebe, Jude Ssemugabi, Makueth Wol, Chato Bamba
Kyetume – Joel Mutakubwa, Henry Orom, Emmanuel Obua, Joshua Kigozi, Steven Kabuye, Mustafa Mujuzi, Isaac Kirabira, Ali Feni, Baker Buyala, Ezra Bida, Sharif Saka
Preview – Can Kyetume ‘Slaughter’ Ankole Lions?
Mbarara City will go all out to bury their poor form at home when they host Kyetume FC at Kakyeka Stadium in one of the six games on Saturday in the Uganda Premier League.
The Ankole Lions are under the stewardship of coach Sadiq Ssempigi after the club suspended coach Brian Ssenyondo who is with the Uganda Cubs.
The hosts are yet to win at home and will fancy their chances against a side that is yet to find solace on the road.
Mbarara will have to put up a better show at home after falling 2-0 at UPDF thanks to second half goals from Brian Kalumba and Kayanja.
Kyetume on the other hand, have gone four games without a win but will be targeting at least a point on the road.
They needed to twice come from down in their 2-2 draw at home to Bright Stars, the kind of resilience they will need on Saturday.
- Mbarara are 13th with 7 points.
- They are yet to win at Kakyeka, three draws and a 1-0 loss to Wakiso Giants
- They are 10th with 11 points
- They have drawn twice on the road and lost as many.
Head to Head
This will be the third meeting between the clubs in top flight – The last meeting at Kakyeka saw Denis Lubowa (own goal) and Ibrahim Orit hand the Ankole Lions a deserved win.
*Mbarara City 2-0 Kakyeka
*Kyetume 4-3 Mbarara
- Busiro Targets perfect Start as Bulange Group Takes Centre Stage
- Big League: Kyetume Seek To Bounce Back Against Blacks Power
- Baby Cricket Cranes Squad To U19 World Cup Named
- Uganda Women U20 Team To Face Tanzania Named
- Buddu, Buwekula Through to Quarter Finals