Saturday, February 27
*Onduparaka Vs Vipers, Arua – 1pm (Live on Sanyuka)
*Bright Stars Vs Police, Kavumba – 4pm
*KCCA Vs Kitara, Lugogo
*Mbarara City Vs Kyetume, Kakyeka
*SC Villa Vs UPDF, Bombo
*URA Vs Busoga United, Ndejje
- URA has not reported any changes from the squad used in their last match against Kitara FC
- Michael Birungi is nearing return, Ivan Sseruburi still sidelined but Jackson Nunda and Hassan Kalega are long term absentees.
- For Busoga United, George Kasonko trained with the team but set to miss the trip alongside sharif Kimbowa.
- Ivan Wani and Debo are still sidelined
URA FC – Nafian Alionzi (GK), Mandela Ashraf, Majwega Brian, Nyakoojo Benjamin, Mbowa Patrick, Ntege Ivan, Brian Nkuubi, Shafik Kagimu, Mukwala steven, Joachim Ojera, Cromwell Rwothomio.
Busoga United – Omedwa Rogers (GK), Onen Franco, Muganga Douglas, Otwau Abubakar, Kalyowa George, Bagoole Gerald, Magero Balabala, Kirya Jeromy, Ssekulima Paul, Shaka Soozi, Wagoina Isaac
Preview – Busoga United Out For An Upset
URA FC welcome visitors Busoga United at the Arena of Visions in Ndejje for a league game this Saturday.
The visitors are yet to win a league game after nine attempts but have improved since the league returned from CHAN break.
They will seek to capitalise on URA FC’s poor form at home that has seen the Tax Collectors score in only one of their four home games at home this season.
“The attitude of the players has been very good during our last training and now I expect a good performance from the players,” Busoga United Coach Abbey Bogere Kikomeko stated.
“Previously, we have been performing very well, we had problems of conceding many goals during the start of the league which we have worked upon. We want to avoid them (URA) from scoring, we want to avoid giving away many free kicks which has been their source of goals and we want to score many at the other end.”
Busoga United were held by Villa in their last game when Isaac Ogwang equaliser canceled out Douglas Muganga opener.
URA FC on the other hand, came from Ronald Kyamanywa goal down at Kitara to win 3-2 thanks to goals from Steven Mukwala, Brian Majwega and Shafic Kagimu
Referee – Nkurunziza George
Assistant Referee 1 – Mulindwa Hakim
Assistant Referee 2 – Atuhaire Docus
Fourth Official – Opio Deo
Referee Assessor -Kimumwe Mansoor
- Sam Ssimbwa’s charges are 4th on the table with 18 points
- They have failed to score a goal in three of their four home games this season.
- They are in the Red zone (14th) with just five points
- Alongside MYDA and Kitara, they are yet to win a league game and have made four consecutive draws!
Head To Head
This will be the ninth league meeting between URA and Busoga, a game that has seen four draws while each has won twice.
The last meeting saw Busoga United win 3-0 with a man down – Douglas Muganga was sent off but goals from David Bagoole, Nelson Mandela and Lawrence Tezikya handed Busoga a 3-0 win at home. The reverse fixture (URA as hosts) ended goalless last season.
*Busoga 3-0 URA
*URA 0-0 Busoga
*URA 2-0 Busoga
*Busoga 1-1 URA
*URA 2-0 Busoga
*Busoga 1-1 URA
*URA 1-1 Busoga
*Busoga 0-0 URA