Tuesday, March 2
*Busoga United vs KCCA FC, Njeru – 1pm
*Kyetume vs SC Villa – Njeru (live on Sanyuka) – 3:30pm
*Kitara vs Express FC, Kavumba – 4pm
*Wakiso Giants vs MYDA, Wakissha – 4pm
*Onduparaka vs BUL FC, Arua City – 4pm
*UPDF FC Vs URA FC, Bombo 4pm
Wednesday, March 3
*Police FC Vs Mbarara City FC, Lugogo (live on Sanyuka)
*Vipers SC vs Bright Stars – Kitende, 4pm
- Kyetume will start life under coach Alex Isabirye after the club sacked Livingston Mbabazi
- Joel Mutakubwa is now fit and available for selection while Robert Ssentongo trained on Monday with the team
- The Club has also included Cephas Kambugu, Raymond Walugembe and Felix Okot on the Match-day squad
- Captain Mustafa Mujuzi is out due to accumulated yellow cards, Benon Tahomera had his contract suspended while Nicholas Kasozi went AWOL
- For Villa, they welcome back defender Moses Kiggundu who has been sidelined with a hamstring injury.
- The Club will continue to miss the services of Gavin Kizito Mugweri who is captaining the Uganda Hippos at AFCON U20
- The other absentees include Mohammedi Nsereko (illness), Nasser Lukwago (knee), Andrew Kiwanuka (foot), Abdallah Ssekandi (knee), Benson Muhindo (tibia) and Francis Olaki (concussion).
Kyetume FC – Joel Mutakubwa, Henry Orom, Felix Okot, Richard Matovu, Joshua Kigozi, Isaac Kirabira, Julius Lule, Steven Kabuye, Ezra Bida, Robert Ssentongo, Baker Buyala
SC Villa – Meddie Kibirige, Moses Kiggundu, Derrick Ndahiro, Joseph Nsubuga, Asuman Alishe, Amir Kakomo, Goffin Oyirwoth, Emmanuel Wasswa, Isaac Ogwang, Ronald Ssekiganda, Nicholas Kabonge.
Preview – Kyetume Is Old Wine In New Bottle
There might be some breath of fresh air after the return of Alex Isabirye as the new coach but the old woes are still in place at the club.
“The performance of the team in recent weeks and the results have shown that there was a need for action,” reads part of the club statement on sacking Mbabazi.
“After the discussion with the board, a decision was made to relieve the head coach of his duties.”
Five games in a row without a win. Not that alarming for a club that is in its second spell in top flight, playing ‘away from home’ and had earlier shown hope after going five unbeaten in their openers.
Isabirye inherits a squad that is less motivated due to salary arrears, and without captain Mustafa Mujuzi in the squad due to suspension, it promises to be a tough evening at Njeru.
All is not well for the Visitors on the other hand, having lost to UPDF FC in the Bombo derby last time out.
Kaziba will be facing Kyetume, a team he played in his first game as Villa coach – Cephas ‘Tarzan’ Kambugu scored the only goal during floodlights in the 2019/20 league opener at Namboole.
“Playing against Kyetume tomorrow is a chance for us to return to winning ways and also collect maximum points, a fate we unfortunately did not achieve last season,” Kaziba told the Villa media.
“We have worked on the errors from our previous two fixtures. Our aim is to overcome them if we are to come out of Njeru with maximum points.”
The Jogoos are seventh on the table with 15 points, four places above Kyetume who has collected 11 points after 10 games.
How To Watch – The Match will be broadcast live on Sanyuka TV at 3:30pm courtesy of league sponsors StarTimes Uganda.