Friday, March 5
*Express vs Busoga United – Wankulukuku
*MYDA vs Kitara FC – Tororo (live on Sanyuka)
*KCCA vs UPDF – Lugogo
*URA vs Kyetume – Ndejje
Saturday, March 6
*Mbarara City vs Vipers SC – Kakyeka
- Soltilo Bright Stars FC vs Onduparaka – Kavumba
*BUL vs Wakiso Giants – Bugembe
*SC Villa vs Police FC – Bombo
- Gift Ali and Denis Iguma have been tipped to start after fully recovering from respective injuries
- Sunday Opio yet to get a license while Julius Poloto is among the long term absentees.
- UPDF FC coach Kefa Kisala has told The-SportsNation that he has a fully fit squad for the KCCA game
- Midfielder Ibrahim Wamannah is expected to start after he was benched against URA FC
KCCA FC – Charles Lukwago, Fillbert Obenchan, Denis Iguma, Peter Magambo, Herbert Achai, Gift Ali, Ashraf Mugume, Keziron Kizito, Bright Anukani, Sadat Anaku, Brian Aheebwa
UPDF – Yusuf Wasswa(Gk), Simon Mbazira, Issa Mubiru, Dennis Ssekitoleko, Ibrahim Tembo, Hussien Zzinda, Ibrahim Wamannah, Ezekiel Katende, Brian Kalumba, Brian Kayanja, Seif Bate
Preview: No Room For Errors
KCCA FC welcome UPDF FC at the MTN Omondi Stadium in Lugogo.
The hosts have been in fine form of recent, and the rough days that saw them fall three games in a row seem long gone.
Sadat Anaku scored a brilliant hat-trick on his return away to Busoga United as KCCA eased through a lunchtime kickoff game.
Against UPDF however, they face a side that is very solid at the back and can hurt anyone going forward.
“We face a strong UPDF FC side that started the league on a high,” Mike Mutebi said.
“We are faced with selection headache in terms of forwards at KCCA FC. Aheebwa has 7 goals, Lwanga has 5 goals and Ssenyonjo has 5. Anaku has 3 goals in 2 games.
“They all know the competition that they are bound to face at KCCA FC and they need to compete so we can get the best from them.”
UPDF FC lost 1-0 to URA, courtesy of Steven Mukwala goal, in their last encounter in a performance that deserved a point at least.
Coach Kefa Kisala will be expected to sit back and get the hosts on the break, a tactic that has paid when he has faced the bigger boys.
Its been a tricky spell for UPDF who beat Villa, lost to URA, face KCCA, and have Express and a long trip to Tororo (MYDA) ahead.
- The hosts are fifth with 20 points after 11 games.
- Since losing to BUL, they have gone five games unbeaten including winning 4-0 in their last two games (Vs Kitara and Busoga).
- They have kept four clean sheets out of the five games at Lugogo, the exception is that 2-1 loss against URA. They have scored 20 and conceded just twice at home in the process.
- The Army side sit sixth with 18 points and can leapfrog KCCA with a win.
- The loss against URA was their fifth this season.
- They have collected six out of possible 15 points on the road, falling to Kyetume, Vipers and Bright Stars.
Head To Head
- This will be the third league meeting between the sides.
- KCCA won 2-0 at Lugogo in the 2017/18 season, Allan Okello scoring twice, in a game UPDF FC’s Sulaiman Majanjalo was sent off.
- The first round game at Bombo ended 1-1; Ezekiel Katende equalised after Muzamir Mutyaba had put KCCA in the lead.
*KCCA 2-0 UPDF
*UPDF 1-1 KCCA
- Crested Cranes: Lutalo impressesed with team’s progress ahead of COSAFA
- Derrick Kakooza Starts Training With His New Club Valmiera
- Isaac Okello: Onduparaka FC Confirms Eighth Signing
- FIFA Rankings: Uganda Drops, Top 10 in Africa and World Revealed
- Big League: Former Express Midfielder Back At Maroons