Tuesday, March 9
*Busoga United Vs MYDA FC – Njeru, 1pm
*Kyetume vs KCCA – Njeru, 4pm
*Police vs URA – Lugogo (live on Sanyuka)
*Onduparaka vs Mbarara City FC – Arua City
*UPDF vs Express FC – Bombo, 4pm
Wednesday, March 10
*Kitara vs Wakiso Giants – Kavumba
*Soltilo Bright Stars vs BUL FC – Kavumba, 4pm
*Vipers SC Vs SC Villa – Kitende, 4pm (live on Sanyuka)
- Busoga United will be without captain George Kasonko who picked his third yellow card against Express
- The Club will continue to miss the services of Isma Mugulusi who is returning with the Uganda Hippos
- Etojo Amos, Mutebi Eric, Mpata Rashid, Ahmed Saleh ruled out due to inquires.
- Isma Mafabi starts his suspension following his red card against Kitara.
Busoga United – Rogers Omedwa, Abubaker Otwao, Kalyowa George, Kakeeto Shafiq, Muganga Douglas, Magero Franco, Gerrard Bagoole, Kirya Jeromy, Mayanja Anthony, Sharif Kimbowa, Ssekulima Paul
MYDA FC – Andrew Ssekandi, Fred Okot, Mark Bassi, Outta Dickson, Derrick Basoga, Peter Musoke, Solomon Babyesiza, Ibrahim Nsimbe, Moses Batali, Amos Kirya, Amos Kirya.
Preview: Busoga United’s Best Chance For First Win?
Busoga United welcome fellow strugglers MYDA FC at Njeru in a lunchtime kickoff game on Tuesday.
Both sides, alongside bottom-placed Kitara FC, are yet to win a game after 12 match-days.
With financial struggles at MYDA, and unavailability of most of their players, the game presents a best chance for Busoga United to get off the mark.
They were resolute against Express, in a game they undeservedly lost 1-0 through Frank Kalanda penalty at Betway Muteesa II Stadium.
Time is running out of coach Abbey Bogere Kikomeko as the fans and bosses continue to grow restless.
MYDA have a couple of injuries and some players have reportedly gone AWOL due to financial struggles at the club.
Coach Musafiri has blamed the team’s poor show to late start of their training. They have looked off the pace in all their games since the league returned.
They were lucky to have picked a point against Kitara in their last game, after going two down at home.
It has been a real baptism of fire for MYDA since joining the top flight and are strong contenders for relegation, as it stands. It will surely take a miracle of sorts for them to beat the drop.
- The hosts are 14th on the log with just five points, having picked five draws from 12 games.
- They have managed to collect three points out of a possible 18 at home this season.
- They have scored eight goals so far, the least this season.
- The Visitors are 15th with three points, having picked three draws and lost the other 9.
- They have drawn their last two games 2-2 (Wakiso, Kitara)
- MYDA has conceded 40 goals so far, the highest tally this season.