Tuesday, March 9
*Busoga United Vs MYDA FC – Njeru, 1pm
*Kyetume vs KCCA – Njeru, 4pm
*Police vs URA – Lugogo (live on Sanyuka)
*Onduparaka vs Mbarara City FC – Arua City
*UPDF vs Express FC – Bombo, 4pm
Wednesday, March 10
*Kitara vs Wakiso Giants – Kavumba
*Soltilo Bright Stars vs BUL FC – Kavumba, 4pm
*Vipers SC Vs SC Villa – Kitende, 4pm (live on Sanyuka)
- Kyetume will be without defender Emmanuel Obua due to an injury while Raymond Walugembe has not made it to the squad.
- Mansur Agu and Michael Ange Fahe are yet to secure licenses.
- KCCA will miss Filbert Obenchan after the defender suffered a head injury against UPDF
- Juma Balinya and Mazengo Loro join a list of absentees as well that also include Julius Poloto and John Revita.
Kyetume FC – Joel Mutakubwa, Henry Orom, Richard Matovu, Mustafa Mujuzi, Latif Kiyimba, Feni Ali, Baker Buyala, Ezra Bida, Isaac Kirabira, Robert Ssentongo, Deo Isejja.
KCCA FC – Charles Lukwago (GK), Denis Iguma, Peter Magambo, Herbert Achai, Ashraf Mugume, Moses Aliro, Gift Ali, Bright Anukani, Samson Kigozi, Charles Lwanga, Sadat Anaku.
Preview: KCCA FC Seek To Continue With Surge To Top
KCCA FC lost three straight league games and pressure was mounting on Mike Mutebi who had seen his side fail to get to the group stages of the CAF Confederation Cup as earlier anticipated.
The fans had grown restless and called for his head. It was understandable, to a certain extent. They are not used to losing games.
But what a turnaround it has been for the club that has won three straight, scoring 14 goals in that impressive spell.
In between, they beat MYDA 5-0 and picked two draws against Wakiso and Express.
They have achieved all this without the help of leading scorer Brian Aheebwa who is yet to score since last year while his partner Sam Ssenyonjo was with the Uganda Hippos in Mauritania for the AFCON U20 Championship.
Sadat Anaku and Charles Lwanga have provided good covers going forward and surely, the scoring burden has been lifted.
The two scored a brace each as they dismantled UPDF while Anaku had earlier bagged a hat-trick against Busoga on his first game this season.
Their only problem coming into this fixture is the absence of defender Filbert Obenchan who was stretchered off against UPDF FC but experienced and versatile Denis Iguma provides a suitable replacement.
Against Kyetume, they face a side buoyed with experience including former KCCA players Isaac Kirabira and Robert Ssentongo, but the club is at the edge of the abyss following a string of poor results.
The sacking of coach Livingston Mbabazi who was replaced by Alex Isabirye is yet to be justified following two back-to-back losses against Villa and URA.
That 1-0 loss against Villa saw the club’s unbeaten record at end snapped, and its time for them to build again.
However, the Slaughters will need to double their efforts against a team that is buoyed with a squad of young and experienced.
KCCA FC recently beat Busoga United at this same venue and will bank on the success of the two meetings with Kyetume going into the match.
Anaku and Erisa Ssekisambu scored one each as KCCA beat Kyetume in their last league meeting.
KCCA won 5-2 at Lugogo against this same opponent last season, with Mike Mutyaba, Mustafa Kizza, Sam Ssenyonjo, Muzamir Mutyaba and Allan Okello on target. Denis Lubowa and Steven Sande scored for the Slaughters.
- The Slaughters are 13th with 11 points after 12 games.
- Lost 2-0 to URA in Ndejje in their last game.
- They are winless in their last seven games, having lost their last three games
- Their record at home has two wins, three draws and one loss.
- The club occupy 5th place with 23 points going into Match-day 13
- They best UPDF 6-1 in their last league game.
- Since losing to BUL, they are unbeaten in last six, and have won three straight.
- Their record on the road reads two wins, two draws and as many losses.