Wednesday, March 10
*Kitara vs Wakiso Giants – Kavumba
*Soltilo Bright Stars vs BUL FC – Kavumba, 4pm
*Vipers SC Vs SC Villa – Kitende, 4pm (live on Sanyuka)
- Kitara will be without Oscar Munihizi, Pius Mbidde, Yasin Mubiru, Duncan Ssemakula, Roger Milla, Musoko Hillington, Sudir Kayemba
- Ronald Kyamanywa returns while Akera Ivan and Charles Kyomuhendo have been included in Match-day squad
- Wakiso will be without captain Hassan Ssenyonjo due to yellow card accumulation
- The visitors will also miss Lawrence Bukenya, Edward Satulo and Faizul Ibrahim who are sidelined with injuries.
Kitara FC – Opio Emmanuel, Oloro Nathan, Agondeze Edson, Kizito Zakayo, Daniel Ekoyu, Kasoki Vicent, Ssempiira Phillip, Lwebuga Rogers, Mugume Patrick, Peter Lomoro, Ronald Kyamanywa
Wakiso Giants – Samson Kirya (GK), Hassan Wasswa, Simon Namwanja, Muwadda Kateregga, Alex Komakech, Tom Masiko, Rahmat Ssenfuka, Ibrahim Kasule, Viane Ssekajugo, Kipson Atuheire, Pius Kaggwa.
Preview: Can Wakiso Build On Win at BUL?
Wakiso Giants beat BUL FC in their last engagement. The victory ended a spell of five-game winless run thanks to Viane Ssekajugo’s lone goal.
Against Kitara FC, they will fancy their chances given the recent struggles for the home side.
Wakiso surely have enough quality in ranks but coach Douglas Bamweyana is yet to get his pieces right.
They will be without captain Hassan Ssenyonjo, but his absence in the team will be a blessing in disguise to players like Ibrahim Kasule who will be handled the mantle to drive the team to the areas that can hurt the opponents.
Kitara had a chance to put their first win on board but squandered a 2-0 lead in the draw away to MYDA.
Nathan Oloro and Zakayo Kizito put the side in driving seat but they were hard done by their defence to remain winless going into Match-day 13.
Their survival chances will rely on how good they will be when they return home in the second round, having hosted their home games in Kavumba, but a result against ‘draw specialist’ Wakiso will be a big boost for what has been a nightmare first round for the newcomers.
- They are rock bottom with just two points
- Held to a 2-2 draw away to MYDA in their last game.
- They picked their first draw in the league since sharing spoils with Kyetume in the opener.
- They have lost all their six home games in the league, scoring four and conceding 18.
- Sit 9th with 15 points after 12 games
- They beat BUL FC 1-0 (away) in their last league game.
- They have won two games this season so far, both coming on the road.
- They have four clean sheets out of their six away games.