National Basketball League newcomers Nam Blazers have received financial boost ahead of league tip off.
Samanga Solutions Limited in partnership with Motorola Solutions and RadioTrans have contributed Sh50m to the side.
The partnership was unveiled on Thursday morning in Bukoto.
“We needed a boost because the league needs a strong financial muscle,” stated Nam Blazers Head of Operations Hajji Farouk Zzinda.
“It is coming at right time because this is an indifferent season, we are required to test players for Covid19 and this will strain our budget so much and when you get a partner who can help you here and there, its a big boost.
“We are excited for the season and we want our fans to be excited. Its been a long time without Sports.”
On the day, the club unveiled four new signings Chris Omanye, Francis Azolibe, Juuko Daniel and David Deng.
The National Basketball League will tip-off on April 2, 2021.
George Nkya, Managing Director Samanga Motorola Solutions said that “we have bigger ambitions in our journey, we want to see Nam Blazers represent us on the Continent (Basketball Africa League) and do justice to our brand.”
Motorola Solutions logo will be appearing on the Nam Blazers Jersey for the 2021 league season.
Did You Know?
- Namuwongo Blazers were formed in 2015 gained National Basketball League status when they battled from game one loss to beat Old Tymers in the best of three semis of the 2019/20 season. They however lost to UPDF Tomahawks 3-4 in the best of seven final series.
- Samanga solutions is a platinum reseller of Motorola solutions limited.
Motorola Solutions is a global leader in mission-critical communications and analytics, focussed on making cities safer and helping communities and businesses thrive. It is a company dedicated to designing and delivering technologies that business and public safety customers refer to as their lifeline. RadioTrans is a transnational private company dedicated to engineering, supply, installation, commissioning and after sales of telecommunications equipment and systems.
- Samanga Solutions is an ICT and energy company that operates in East Africa to provide world class innovative solutions such as Unified communication solutions (Tactical and commercial), complete ICT services, Electrical Automatic and Protection, Solutions and smart transport and traffic solutions to government agencies, private entrepreneurs and the general consumer.
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo