Tuesday, March 16
*Police FC Vs Express FC, Lugogo (Live on Sanyuka TV)
*UPDF FC Vs Wakiso Giants, Bombo
Wednesday, March 17
*Soltilo Bright Stars Vs SC Villa, Kavumba
*Vipers SC Vs KCCA FC, Kitende
*Mbarara City vs BUL FC, Kakyeka
*Onduparaka vs URA FC, Arua
Thursday, March 18
*Kyetume vs MYDA FC, Njeru (Live on Sanyuka TV)
*Busoga United vs Kitara, Njeru (Live on Sanyuka TV)
- UPDF FC will welcome back Charles Ssebutinde after missing the trip to Tororo for the MYDA game.
- Simon Mbazira is still sidelined while Denis Ssekitoleko and Bright Joseph Vuni are a booking away from suspension.
- Wakiso Giants is set to hand Ivan Bogere his debut while Faizul Ibrahim returns from an injury.
- They will be without defender Simon Namwanja, Edward Satulo, Lawrence Bukenya and Rahmat Ssenfuka.
UPDF FC XI – Eric Kimbowa, Isa Mubiru, James Begisa, Bright Vuni, Denis Ssekitoleko, Sam Kintu, Brian Kalumba, Ibrahim Wamanah, Robert Eseru, Brian Kayanja, Davis Kasirye
Wakiso Giants – Samson Kirya (Gk), Hassan Wasswa, Fahad Kawooya Geriga Atendele, Alex Komakech, Tom Masiko, Hassan Ssenyonjo, Gadaffi Wahab, Viane Ssekajugo, Ibrahim Kasule, Kipson Atuheire
Preview: Red Hot UPDF Seek To End First Round On High
UPDF FC welcome off colour Wakiso Giants at Bombo Barracks as the curtains of the first round comes down.
The Army side will seek to end the first round on a high and will fancy themselves to beat the visitors.
Robert Eseru, Brian Kalumba and Davis Kasirye were on target as UPDF picked a convincing 3-0 away win at MYDA in their last engagement.
They now return at Bombo where they beat Express, thanks to Ezekiel Katende goal, in their last home game.
A win against Wakiso Giants can send Kefa Kisala’s men into fourth.
Kisala will be facing his former pay masters, and just like he did against Express, he will be having a point to prove once again.
Things have not been going on well for his counterpart at the other end, Douglas Bamweyana, who has lost two in a row since beating BUL.
They were excuses of poor officiating when they fell to Kitara in Kavumba but the same cannot be said of their loss to Busoga United at home.
Another loss to UPDF will surely force the bosses to put the house in order, and Bamweyana may be shown an exit consequently.
This will be third meeting for the sides that split their results in Big League – Wakiso won 1-0 at Bugembe before UPDF ended their unbeaten run with a 2-0 win thanks to Amis Muwonge and Sydney Ssenyonga goals.
- The Army side is 6th with 24 points going into Match-day 15.
- They have won two games in a row (beating Express and MYDA) after losing the previous two.
- They have kept four clean sheets out of seven home games at Bombo this season.
- The Purple Sharks sit 11th having collected 15 points.
- Wakiso were better off at this stage last season; They had collected 19 points after 14 games.
- Their record on the road reads three draws, two wins and as many losses.