Wednesday, March 17
*Soltilo Bright Stars Vs SC Villa, Kavumba
*Vipers SC Vs KCCA FC, Kitende (live on Sanyuka TV)
*Mbarara City vs BUL FC, Kakyeka
*Onduparaka vs URA FC, Arua
Thursday, March 18
*Kyetume vs MYDA FC, Njeru (Live on Sanyuka TV)
*Busoga United vs Kitara, Njeru (Live on Sanyuka TV)
- Mbarara City FC will welcome back striker Henry Kitegenyi who missed the Bright Stars game due to suspension.
- Makueth Wol is on National duty with South Sudan while Solomon Okwalinga, Raymond Onyai, Bashir Mutanda and Souleymane Bamba are still out injured.
- BUL travelled with forward Robert Mukongotya who missed the Kitara win
- Joseph Ssemujju, Hamis Tibita, Kenneth Ssemakula, Vitalis Tabu, Peter Onzima and Ambrose Kirya are among absentees.
Mbarara City – Muhammad Ssekeba (GK), Stephen Othieno, Jasper Aheebwa, Hilary Mukundane, Karim Ramadan, Pistis Barenge, Ronald Edwok, Jude Ssemugabi, Bebe Swalik, Henry Kitegenyi, Bamba Chato.
BUL – Abdul Kimera, Douglas Bithum, Aggrey Madoi, Ramadan Dudu, Walter Ochora, Godfrey Akol, Martin Aprem, Charles Sempa, Deogracious Ojok, Robert Mukongotya, Simon Oketch Peter.
Preview: Can BUL FC Spoil Mbarara City FC’s Party?
Mbarara City FC welcome BUL FC at Kakyeka Stadium in one of the four StarTimes Uganda Premier League games on Wednesday.
There is a breath of fresh air at Mbarara after the club unveiled head coach Livingston Mbabazi who is making a return to the club.
In addition, they will be celebrating a century of top flight games since their promotion to Uganda Premier League in May 2017.
Mbabazi’s appointment has been timely for a club that wants to end the first round on a positive note having lost their last two games on a trot.
His work is already cut out but the main target will be to help the club survive the drop and may be push for a decent place on the log.
“Its all about the players to give out their all for each and every game we are to play for us to maintain the top flight league status,” Mbabazi said in a press briefing.
The visitors on the other hand, have found momentum of recent having beaten Kitara FC for a second straight league win.
Coach Arthur Kyesimira says that his boys have “desire and motivation” and want to win every game.
- With 13 points, the Ankole Lions sit just two points above red zone
- Lost to Bright Stars 1-0, falling to Joseph Akandwanaho strike.
- They have collected nine points from a possible 21 points at Kakyeka this season.
- They have collected 19 points after 14 games
- Beat Kitara 3-2, with Deogracious Ojok (2) and Peter Okech on target.
- Won their last two away games after going losing the previous four
Head To Head
- The last time the two teams met, Hilary Mukundane scored the only goal as Mbarara City won 1-0 at Kakyeka.
- Mbarara City has beaten BUL in all the three meetings at home in the league.
*Mbarara City 1-0 BUL
*BUL 3-0 Mbarara
*BUL 3-1 Mbarara City
*Mbarara City 1-0 BUL
*Mbarara City 2-1 BUL
*BUL 0-0 Mbarara