Thursday, March 18
*Kyetume Vs MYDA – 1pm
*Busoga United vs Kitara – 3:30pm (live on Sanyuka TV)
- Busoga United have no injury concerns but defender Shafic Kakeeto will need a late fitness test
- Youngster Edrine Opaala is in contention after he was left out of trip to Wakiso Giants.
- Kitara FC welcome left back Patrick Mugume from suspension after he sat out the BUL game.
- Goalkeeper Musoke Hillington is doubtful, defenders Oscar Munihizi and Duncan Ssemakula and forward Sudhir Kayemba have not travelled with the team to Njeru.
Busoga United – Rogers Omedwa, Franco Onen, Kakketo Shafic Nana, Douglas Muganga, Abubaker Otwao, Franco Magero Balabala, George Kasonko, Bagoole Gerrard, Paul Ssekulima, Ssozi Ssaka, Isma Mugulusi
Kitara FC – Opio Emanuel, Mwesigwa JohnStuart, Patrick Mugume, Kyomuhendo Charles, Maxwell Owachigiu, Pius Mbidde, Daniel Ekoyu, Ronald Kyamanywa, Peter Lomoro, Agondeze Edison, Kasoki Vincent
Preview: Busoga United ‘Flirting’ With Relegation
Busoga United will be going for maximum points when they face Kitara FC at FUFA Technical centre in Njeru.
The hosts have endured a torrid spell this season but are just a point adrift of safety.
They have won two in a row and they seem to have turned the corner.
However, coach Abbey Kikomeko still has a lot of work to do, just like the administration, if this team will maintain their UPL status come next season.
They have been poor and demotivated, and their record reads seven losses from 14 games but as they seek to mount a serious second round, a win today is a must.
The win against Wakiso was all orchestrated by youngster Isma Mugulusi and they will need another performance from the Uganda Hippos attacker to have a say on Thursday.
Their opponents Kitara on the other hand, have lost 11 games and have five points to show going into the game.
They picked their first win in a controversial game against Wakiso Giants and could have snatched at least a point in the 3-2 loss to BUL FC.
- Sit 14th on the table with 11 points.
- They have scored the least number of goals in the league this season, 10.
- Won their last two games after failing to win in their opening 12
- Second from the bottom with five points after 14 games.
- Seven of their eleven losses have come on the road where they haven’t won a game but managed two draws so far.
- They have conceded 40 goals, conceding an average of 2.8 goals per match.
How To Watch – The match will be broadcast live on Sanyuka TV (Only on StarTimes).