National Basketball League side Nam Blazers are set to miss point guard and new signing Fahmy Ssebatindira this season.
Ssebatindira who joined Nam Blazers from Betway Power, is still recovering from an Achilles injury.
He has not played a game for the newcomers after last season was canceled days to tip off due to Covid19 pandemic.
The guard however is hoping to play a part before the season closes out.
“I am still injured but I hope to be back at least around mid May,” Ssebatindira told The-SportsNation.
However, the club is not expected to rush the player, with a decision dependent on Doctors instructions.
In absence of the former Charging Rhinos player, Nam Blazers already have enough fire power in the back court; with Syrus Kiviiri, Chris Omanye and Juuko Najja Daniel among candidates to fill the void.
Blazers will kick off their campaign on April 17 against seven time champions City Oilers. The League is expected to end in the early days of June.
- Crested Cranes: Lutalo impressesed with team’s progress ahead of COSAFA
- Derrick Kakooza Starts Training With His New Club Valmiera
- Isaac Okello: Onduparaka FC Confirms Eighth Signing
- FIFA Rankings: Uganda Drops, Top 10 in Africa and World Revealed
- Big League: Former Express Midfielder Back At Maroons