- Kitara will be without Philip Ssempira who is serving a suspension for accumulated yellow cards.
- They will have goalkeeper Musoke Hillington, Oscar Muhinizi and Duncan Ssemakula available for selection after missing game against Busoga
- Bright Stars FC will be without Hamis Gabite and Jamir Nvule Kisitu.
- Ronald Sempala, Buule Kiwanuka and Sam Sekitto still sidelined
Kitara FC XI – Opio Emmanuel (GK), Lwebuga Rogers, Owangu Maxwell, Mwesigwa JohnStuart, Austine Kacancu, Nathan Oloro, Denis Monday, Kyamanywa Ronald, Patrick Ekoyu, Edson Agondeze, Peter Lomoro.
Bright Stars FC XI – Benson Wangima (GK), Samson Mutyaba, Derrick Ngobi, Warren Buule, Derrick Kiggundu, Joseph Janjali, Yasin Mubiru, James Angu, Methodius Jungu, Joseph Akandwanaho, Andrew Kaggwa.
Preview: Bright Stars Target Double Over Kitara
Bright Stars will be targeting a league double over Kitara when they start the second round of the Uganda Premier League.
The Stars won the reverse fixture 5-0 in the first round thanks to an hat-trick from Joseph Akandwanaho and Marvin Joseph Ssemayange brace.
Both sides host at Kavumba and visiting Bright Stars will play with confidence given that they will be playing on a familiar ground.
The Stars form deteriorated as the season progressed, and eventually managed just win in their last five games.
Whether they have utilised the break accordingly will show in their first second round game.
Kitara on the other hand, are winless at home. It has not been a pleasing adventure for the newcomers in UPL so far but their fate in top flight will be decided by their performance in the second half.
This will be their last home game at Kavumba after FUFA granted the club permission to host games in Masindi.
Kavumba Recreation ground has been an away ground for the side but they will fancy their chances as they give it a last go.
- They sits bottom with five points having won once, two draws and 12 losses
- Ended the first round on a two-game losing run
- They have no clean sheet at home, conceding 22 goals in seven games.
- They are 10th on the log with 17 points having won four, drawn five and lost six
- They have one win (Mbarara) from seven away games.
- Have managed to score two goals in their last five games.
- Najjemba Stars as Kampala Queens overcome Tooro in Women Super League
- History Beckons For Cash-Strapped Nemostars
- Vipers vs Express: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And Stats
- Kyetume Vs Wakiso Giants: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Big League: Ndejje University Strike Late To Deny Proline At Lugogo