Friday, April 02
*KCCA FC vs BUL FC @4pm – Omodi Stadium (Live on Sanyuka TV)
*Kitara FC vs Bright Stars FC @4pm – Kavumba Recreation Grounds
*UPDF FC vs Vipers SC @4pm – Bombo Military Barracks Stadium
*Wakiso Giants FC vs Mbarara City FC @4pm – Kabaka Kyabaggu Stadium.
• UPDF will miss the services of Brian Kalumba and Ibrahim Tembo who are ineligible to feature.
• The duo are on loan from Vipers hence can not face their parent club.
• However, Eric Kibowa who is a former Venom is in line to face his former side.
• Vipers will have Siraje Ssentamu return after missing the last game due to suspension.
• Shaban Mohammad and Bashir Asiku are currently suspended by the club and hence not expected to feature.
• Bobosi Byaruhanga is also unavailable after he was handed compassionate leave earlier in the week.
• Ibrahim Orit Yunus Ssentamu and Halid Lwaliwa could feature for the visitors after returning from national team duty.
• Bashir Ssekagya is in line to face his former team having transferred from UPDF to Vipers a couple of season ago.
UPDF FC – Eric Kibowa (GK), James Bagisa, Isa Mubiru, Vuni Bright, Denis ssekitoleko, Sam Kintu, Ibrahim Wamannah, Robert Eseru, Ezekiel Katende, Brian Kayanja, Davis Kasirye.
Vipers SC – Fabien Mutombora (GK), Paul Willa, Aziz Kayondo, Livingstone Mulondo, Rashid Toha, Siraje Ssentamu, Karim Watambala, David Bagoole, Paul Mucurezi, Yunus Ssentamu Dan Sserunkuma.
Preview – Venoms Hoping For All Three Points
Vipers will be out for all three points on Friday afternoon in Bombo.
With Express FC hosting leaders URA FC on Saturday, the Venoms know that there is no room for error against the Army side.
Fred Kajoba’s side had a good first round that saw them end it in second position, two points behind the Tax Collectors.
They won 10 games and lost just twice in 15 games. Their only worry if that those two losses came in the final four games, away to Mbarara City and URA FC.
With defending their title highest on the agenda, Kajoba knows that these are the sort of game he is supposed to win.
Vipers failed to score in only one of their seven games away from home in the first round, netting a total of 13 goals all together.
For UPDF, they saw a strong start to the campaign melt towards the end of the first round.
Having won four of their opening five games, they went in to register four more victories in their final 10 contests.
That form saw them slip from top spot to as low as seventh, 11 points off the pace.
Their home form has bee good since the season started as they have won five of their opening seven games, losing just once.
If they can replicate their early season showings at Bombo, Kefa Kisala’s side stand a chance of walking away with something against the mighty Vipers on Friday.
This will be just the fourth meeting between the two sides since November 2017.
In the past three meetings, Vipers have won twice and drawn the other.
This fixture is yet to produce an away victory with both of the Venoms’ wins coming at home.
Vipers edged UPDF 1-0 in their first meeting this season with Ssentamu scoring the all important goal late in the game. It was also a game that saw two players sent off (both for UPDF).