Tuesday, April 13
*URA FC Vs KCCA FC Arena of Visions, Bombo (Live On Sanyuka TV)
*BUL Vs Kyetume, Kyabazinga Stadium – Bugembe
*Vipers SC Vs Busoga United – St. Mary’s Stadium, Kitende
*Onduparaka FC vs Kitara FC – Green Light Stadium, Arua City
*Mbarara City FC Vs MYDA FC – Kakyeka Stadium
- Mbarara City will be without Souleymane Bamba, Edwok Ronald, Bashir Mutanda, Makueth Wol and Jasper Aheebwa who are still injured.
- Hillary Mukundane and Stephen Othieno are serving their third of fourth game ban.
- MYDA welcome back Mark Bassi while Ahmed Saleh misses out due to fitness levels.
- Moses Batali, Rashid Mpata and Derrick Basoga didn’t travel with the team.
Mbarara City FC – Muhammad Ssekeba (GK), Ibra Magandaazi, Zaidi Byekwaso, Karim Ramathan, Ronald Otti, Pistis Barenge, Ronald Onyai, Jude Ssemugabi, Bebe Swalik, Ivan Eyam, Henry Kitegenyi.
MYDA – Isaac Osikol, Outta Dickson, Faisal Muledhu, Isma Mafabi, Amos Etojo, Stephen Okello, Eric Mutebi, Mark Bassi, Amos Kirya, Peter Mutebi, Ibrahim Nsimbe.
Preview: Focus Turns On League
Mbarara City and MYDA FC both turn their focus on League after bundling out of Uganda Cup. The Ankole Lions were eliminated by URA, losing 1-0 at home thanks to Brian Majwega’s goal.
MYDA on the other hand, were ousted by Big League side Proline despite winning the return leg. It was a blessing in disguise for MYDA who will have their target on league survival.
The first meeting in the league ended 3-3 at King George Stadium in Tororo, with Wol Makueth (2) and Bashir Mutanda on target for the Ankole Lions while Ibrahim Nsimbe and Norman Ojik (2) scored for MYDA.
MYDA FC who lost to SC Villa at home in their last league game are yet to hit the ground but sit ten points adrift of safety.
For the Ankole Lions, they beat Wakiso Giants at Wakissha to move five points away from the red zone and will now be going for a place in the top half of the log.
Despite having a couple of injuries and key absentees, Mbarara will be fancying their chances at home to get the job done.
Mbarara City FC
- The Ankole Lions are 11th with 17 points (4 wins 5 draws and 7 losses)
- Winless at Kakyeka in their last three games in all competitions.
- They have collected 10 points from a possible 24 at home this season.
- MYDA are 15th with six points with one win and three draws from 16 games.
- They have scored 46 goals, the highest tally so far this season.
- They beat Kyetume 1-0 on the road, having picked one point from possible 21 in their previous away UPL games.