Tuesday, April 13
*URA FC Vs KCCA FC Arena of Visions, Bombo (Live On Sanyuka TV)
*BUL Vs Kyetume, Kyabazinga Stadium – Bugembe
*Vipers SC Vs Busoga United – St. Mary’s Stadium, Kitende
*Onduparaka FC vs Kitara FC – Green Light Stadium, Arua City
*Mbarara City FC Vs MYDA FC – Kakyeka Stadium
Wednesday, April 14
*Soltilo Bright Stars vs Wakiso Giants FC – Kavumba Recreation Ground, Wakiso
*Police FC Vs UPDF FC – Omondi Stadium, Lugogo
*SC Villa Vs Express FC – Bombo Military Barracks Grounds (Live on Sanyuka TV)
- Vipers welcome Milton Karisa for the first time this year.
- Ahmed Amayo is out injured while Caesar Manzoki returns after missing the Uganda Cup second leg.
- Ivan Wani is set for his first league game for Busoga United this season.
- Midfielder Elvis Munde has acquired his license, Edrine Opaala and Isma Mugulusi are sitting their UACE Exams while Franco Onen and Sharif Kimbowa are out injured.
Vipers SC – Fabien Mutombora, Paul Willa, Livingston Mulondo, Aziz Kayondo, Ahmed Amayo, Siraje Ssentamu, Bobosi Byaruhanga, Richard Basangwa, Caesar Manzoki, Yunsu Ssentamu, Ibrahim Orit
Busoga United – Rogers Omedwa, Abubaker Otwao, George Kalyowa, Shafic Kakeeto, Douglas Muganga, George Kasonko, Ivan Wani, Jerome Kirya, Gerrard Bagoole, Shaka Ssozi, Paul Ssekulima.
Preview: Vipers Target Quartet Against Busoga United
Vipers will be going for win number four against Busoga United this season when the two sides meet in the league at St Mary’s Stadium in Kitende.
The game comes just few days since Vipers eliminated Busoga United in the Uganda Cup – The Venoms won home and away to seal a 5-1 aggregate victory.
In the first round, December 20 2021 to be exact, Vipers beat Busoga United 5-3 at Njeru courtesy of goals from Geoffrey Wasswa, Milton Karisa, Karim Watambala and Paul Mucureezi (2).
George Kasonko, Isma Mugulusi and Paul Ssekulima were on target for Busoga, who failed to win a game for the first time since joining UPL when they have scored three goals.
Vipers are at home and the odds will be in their favour to win the fourth but it remains to be seen if the visitors have learnt a lesson or two in the last three meetings.
Before the league break due to Uganda Cup, Busoga had won four in a row and will be seeking to extend their form against the table leaders.
“We have studied them and we know their strong points, we are going to be more serious and organised,” Busoga United coach Abbey Bogere Kikomeko said.
“They are a strong team but my players are very determined because this is more crucial that the Uganda Cup game.”
- The Venoms are 1st on the log with 36 points; They have won 11, drawn 3 and lost two
- Vipers have won all their eight league games at Kitende
- They have gone over 360 minutes without conceding a goal at home in the league game (BUL 1-0, Bright Stars 2-0, Villa 3-0, KCCA 1-0)
- The Visitors are 12th on the league table with 17 points. They have won four, drawn five and lost seven.
- They have won four on the trot, they haven’t won five consecutive league games since joining top flight.
- They have managed to score one goal in their last four away league games.
Head To Head
*Busoga United 3-5 Vipers
*Busoga United 0-1 Vipers
*Vipers 1-0 Busoga United
*Busoga United 2-2 Vipers
*Busoga United 1-1 Vipers
*Vipers 2-0 Busoga United
*Busoga United 1-0 Vipers
*Vipers 1-0 Busoga United