Wednesday, April 14
*Soltilo Bright Stars vs Wakiso Giants FC – Kavumba Recreation Ground, Wakiso
*Police FC Vs UPDF FC – Omondi Stadium, Lugogo
*SC Villa Vs Express FC – Bombo Military Barracks Grounds (Live on Sanyuka TV)
- Bright Stars will be without Ronald Ssempala, Buule Kiwanuka and Sam Ssekitto who are still sidelined with injuries
- Joseph Akandwanaho expected to ho back into the XI after starting on the bench in Uganda Cup
- Wakiso Giants will welcome back Pius Kaggwa and Joshua ‘Leti’ Lubwama
- The Purple Sharks will be without Edward Satulo who is jnjured while Viane Ssekajugo is still on a ban.
Bright Stars XI – Benson Wagima, Andrew Kaggwa, Ronald Nkonge, Kyambadde Andrew, Ngoobi Derrick, Sulaiman Ssebunza, Marvin Joseph, Augustine Kacancu, Samuel Ssekamatte, Joseph Janjali, Joseph Akandwanaho.
Wakiso Giants – Samson Kirya, Hassan Wasswa, Fahad Kawooya, Simon Namwanja, Geriga Atendele, Tom Masiko, Joshua Lubwama, Hassan Ssenyonjo, Ibrahim Kasule, Ivan Bogere, Pius Kaggwa
Preview: Another Draw?
Bright Stars and Wakiso Giants will be hoping to pick maximum points when the two sides meet on Wednesday in the Uganda Premier League at Kavumba.
Both sides progressed into the Uganda Cup round of 16, with Wakiso beating Water while the Stars overturned a first leg deficit to oust Paidha Black Angels.
Therefore, the two teams will be hoping to extend that run into the League where all is not well.
Wakiso Giants are just three points above relegation and sit four below Bright Stars.
The Purple Sharks have gone three league games without a win since that away victory over BUL last March.
They will be meeting for the fourth time in top flight. Both ties last season ended 1-1.
In the first round this season, Wakiso conceded a late equaliser to draw 2-2: Ronald Ssempala and Joseph Janjali were on target for Bright Stars while Viane Ssekajugo and Ibrahim Kasule scored for Wakiso at Kabaka Kyabaggu Stadium.
Bright Stars FC
- The hosts are 10th on the table with 20 points from 16 games; They have five wins, five draws and lost six.
- The side has lost their last three home games at Kavumba (Onduparaka, BUL and SC Villa)
- They have kept two clean sheets out of the eight league games at home; coming against UPDF and Kitara.
- The Purple Sharks are 13th with 16 points; They have 2 wins, 10 draws and lost 4.
- They have gone four games without a win; lost three and one draw.
- The side has scored 16 goals, only Kyetume and Busoga United (14) have scored less.
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda
- Tibo Balemangi Tressor: Onduparaka Unveils Congolese Midfielder