KCCA FC Striker Sadat Anaku and URA FC gaffer Sam Ssimbwa have been voted the best player and coach respectively for March at the Pilsner UPL Awards.
The duo were awarded on Thursday morning at Kati Kati – Taking home a plague and Sh1m.
Anaku scored Six goals including a hat-trick against Busoga United on his first game since return from injury.
He beat URA FC striker Steven Mukwala and Busoga United striker Shaka Ssozi to the gong.
“I am very happy for this award, I thank my coaches and teammates,” said Anaku. “I encourage all youngsters to be motivated and have believe in themselves.”
Ssimbwa on the hand, guided URA FC to five wins from as many games in the concluded month of March, conceding just one goal in the process.
URA FC games in March:
March 2: UPDF 0-1 URA
March 5: URA 2-0 Kyetume
March 13: URA 2-1 Vipers
March 17: Onduparaka 0-3 URA
Ssimbwa beats Busoga United’s Abbey Bogere Kikomeko and Express FC’s Wasswa Bbosa.
Coach Fred Kajoba (Vipers) and striker Brian Mululi (Police) were the best of February, while Coach Kefa Kisala (UPDF) and Brian Aheebwa (KCCA) won the December gongs.
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda
- Tibo Balemangi Tressor: Onduparaka Unveils Congolese Midfielder