The Federation of Uganda Football Association (FUF) has inspected the St. Mary’s Stadium in Kitende ahead of the 2022 World Cup Qualifiers.
As the qualification process nears, the possible venue to host home games for the Cranes is St. Mary’s Stadium in Kitende as it’s the only Stadium that meets CAF and FIFA standards.
On Sunday April 18, a team from FUFA Led by CEO Decolas Kizza inspected the Kitende based stadium.
This is the first step to ensure the readiness of the stadium after which a report will be presented to CAF and FIFA prior to the commencement of the games.
Recently in the AFCON qualifiers where Uganda failed to Qualify, the stadium was used for the last two home games against South Sudan and Burkina Faso.
In the World Cup Qualifiers, Uganda is drawn in Group E alongside Mali, neighbours Kenya and Rwanda.
Uganda 2022 World Cup Fixture
Match day 1
5th – 8th June, 2021
Kenya Vs Uganda
Match day 2
11th – 14th June 2021
Uganda Vs Mali
Match day 3
1st – 4th Sept 2021
Rwanda Vs Uganda
Match day 4
5th – 7th Sept 2021
Uganda Vs Rwanda
Match day 5
6th – 9th Oct 2021
Uganda Vs Kenya
Match day 6
10th – 12th Oct 2021
Mali Vs Uganda
- Busoga United confirms Technical Staff Ahead of 2021/22 Season
- FORTEBET PAINTS MUKONO, KATOSI WITH AMAZING FREEBIES
- SC Villa: Full List of Confirmed Ins and Outs in Transfer Window
- Vipers: Oliveira Happy With Players’ Adaption to new Philosophy
- Uganda Cranes: Micho Summons 25-man Squad For Regional Tour