Uganda’s flag bearers at the on going Men’s Africa Clubs volleyball Championships, Nemostars VC fell to Tunisian side Kelibia in straight sets as both sides played their second group C game at Sidi Bousaid indoor arena.
The George Aporu coached side lost 3-0 in sets 10-25, 21-25,18-25 as the result virtually derailed their chances of qualifying for the quarterfinals of the biennial tournament that entered day two Monday in Tunis.
Uganda’s champions got off to the mark in their opening game on Sunday when they dispatched Tanzanian side Mwanza Transit Camp.
However,the Tunisians proved too strong to their Ugandan counterparts.
Kelibia were more technical and ruthless on court while Nemostars looked a disjointed composition for the entirety of the contest.
The result has thrust Nemostars into a must win game against Ethiopia’s Wolaita Dicha in their closing group game.
The Ethiopian side, who lost to MTC 3-1( 26-24,20-25,26-24,25-12) , have been group C’s weeping boys and Nemostars will fancy their chances.
The Six time national league champions are seeking to better the sixth position they finished in the 2019 edition in Cairo.
- Busoga United confirms Technical Staff Ahead of 2021/22 Season
- FORTEBET PAINTS MUKONO, KATOSI WITH AMAZING FREEBIES
- SC Villa: Full List of Confirmed Ins and Outs in Transfer Window
- Vipers: Oliveira Happy With Players’ Adaption to new Philosophy
- Uganda Cranes: Micho Summons 25-man Squad For Regional Tour