Wednesday, April 28
*MYDA vs Vipers, Tororo
*Express Vs Onduparaka, Wankulukuku (live on Sanyuka TV)
*Wakiso Giants Vs Police, Kyabaggu
- Rashid Mpata is back after missing Police match due to yellow card accumulation, and so is Paul Musamali
- Solomon Babyesiza is ruled out due to knee injury, Isma Mafabi nursing a joint injury, Faisal Muledhu is doubtful with fever while Lojum Brandyi is serving a red card suspension
- Vipers welcome back goalkeeper Fabien Mutombora after missing three games due to a red card suspension for punching teammate Aziz Kayondo.
- Halid Lwaliwa is pushing for a start after making the bench against Express while
- Musa Ssali is also available for section. Shaban Muhamed and Bashir Asiku still serving internal suspensions.
MYDA FC – Andrew Ssekandi, Dickson Outta, Faisal Muledhu, Amos Etojo, Derrick Basoga, Rashid Mpata, Mark Bassi, Eric Mutebi, Ibrahim Nsimbe, Peter Mutebi, Paul Musamali
Vipers SC – Fabien Mutombora, Paul Willa, Livingston Mulondo, Halid Lwaliwa, Aziz Kayondo, Bobosi Byaruganga, Karim Watambala, Ibrahim Orit, Yunus Ssentamu, Caesar Manzoki, Dissan Galiwango.
Match Preview: Can Vipers return To Winning Ways?
After that 1-0 loss at home to Express FC and a draw with Wakiso Giants, Vipers will seek to bounce back and return to winning ways.
They find themselves playing catch up as they sit four points adrift of leaders URA FC.
The game against MYDA gives Vipers the right platform to return to winning ways if we are to go with the poor form of the hosts since joining top flight.
The reverse meeting saw Vipers tear down MYDA in threads, winning 7-0 at St Mary’s Stadium in Kitende.
Then, Yunus Sentamu and Paul Mucureezi scored braces and one each from Ceasar Manzoki, Disan Galiwango and Ibrahim Orit sealed a well deserved win.
There will be no room for errors for Vipers and failure to squeeze out a win will mount more pressure on coach Fred Kajoba.
MYDA who are yet to win a game at home, will seek to capitalise on Vipers poor form to cause a big upset on Wednesday.
And a result against a defending champion will surely pour more life into an already lost battle to survive relegation.
With seven goals to his name, danger-man Ibrahim Nsimbe will carry MYDA FC’s scoring burden on the day.
- They sit second from the bottom with nine points, having won two, drawn three and lost 15.
- Winless at home in nine league games, lost seven and two draws.
- Conceded 59 goals, the highest tally at the moment in the league
- Second with 43 points, having won 13, drawn 4 and lost 3.
- Winless in last two league games; lost to Express after drawing with Wakiso Giants
- Won three in a row on the road, beating UPDF, Kitara and Busoga United.
- Busoga United confirms Technical Staff Ahead of 2021/22 Season
- FORTEBET PAINTS MUKONO, KATOSI WITH AMAZING FREEBIES
- SC Villa: Full List of Confirmed Ins and Outs in Transfer Window
- Vipers: Oliveira Happy With Players’ Adaption to new Philosophy
- Uganda Cranes: Micho Summons 25-man Squad For Regional Tour