Wednesday, May 5
*KCCA vs Maroons, MTN Omondi stadium (TV)
*Bright Stars vs Police, Kavumba Recreation Ground
- KCCA FC welcome back midfielders Julius Poloto and Ashraf Mugume from injuries
- John Revita remain a long term absentee while teenagers Dominic Ayella and Joseph Kafumbe are out due to school commitments
- Maroons will be without Fred Amaku, Caesar Olega, Nelson Mandela and Junior Amanya
- Emmanuel Olinga is back from injury.
KCCA FC – Charles Lukwago, Musa Ramathan, Herbert Achai, Denis Iguma, Peter Magambo, Gift Ali, Ashraf Mugume, Julius Poloto, Bright Anukani, Steven Sserwadda, Sadat Anaku
Maroons – Eric Dhaira, Ram Shammary, Isma Kawawulo, Joel Ogwang, Ronald Orombi, Vicent Zziwa, Derrick Ndihabwe, Pius Obuya, Abra Tusubira, Abraham Tusubira, Bronson Nsubuga
Preview: Uganda Cup Is KCCA Best Chance For Silverware
KCCA FC have all reason to treat the Uganda Cup with all the respect it deserves.
They sit 4th in league with 10 points below leaders URA FC and their chances to leapfrog the tax collectors remain a mystery.
The Uganda Cup, which they have won a joint record 10 times, is their only place to find solace in a season where they have been below par.
They managed to put on a decent show with a 2-0 win at Luzira in the first leg thanks to a goal each from Herbert Achai and Hassan Jurua and have less work to do to book a slot in the last eight.
Maroons on the other hand, dug a big pit for themselves when Pius Obuya missed that late penalty and overturning that two-goal deficit is now a big ask.
They have been extremely poor in Big League per their standards and are at the edge of the abyss after recording a four-game losing run that was headlined by a recent loss against Blacks Power in Elgon Group.
Its a big mountain to climb for under fire coach Charles Ayiekho who has reportedly lost his dressing room.
- The Last meeting at Lugogo saw KCCA FC run away 2-1 winners in the league; Mike Mutyaba and Erisa Ssekisambu were on target for then Mike Mutebi’s side while Peter Magambo sliced in his own net in February last year.
- KCCA FC have always scored for fun in Uganda Cup games at home including 9-0 and 8-2 wins against Synergy and Amuka Bright Stars respectively.
- To reach this stage, they beat Nyamityobora 5-2 on aggregate
- For Maroons, they eliminated Terrazo and Tiles on a 7-1 aggregate on round of 32.
- Maroons have not won an away Uganda Cup fixture in normal time in recent memory, failing at Terrazo, Kyetume, Express and Young Elephants.
- They last kept a clean sheet away at KCCA in 2017 thanks to a goalless draw on September 12