Thursday, May 6
*Mbale Heroes 0-1 Proline
Proline strengthened their chances of defending the Uganda Cup after eliminating Mbale Heroes to march into the last eight of the competition.
The Lugogo-based side beat their fellow Big League side 1-0 thanks to Ibrahim Ssendi’s first half strike.
They survived an array of attacks from the hosts and held on to stroll through a pulsating affair at Mbale Municipal Stadium.
The visitors saw Norman Kugonza sent off in the second half but held on to attain a needed result.
Proline had won the first leg 2-1 with Noordin Bunjo and Savio Kabugo while Jamaldine Karenzi Bucho had brought one back for Mbale to give the side some hope for the return leg.
Proline who earlier eliminated UPL side MYDA FC at the round of 32, is the only Big League at the Quarterfinal so far.
Wakiso Giants, SC Villa, Police FC, KCCA, Vipers and Express FC are the other sides at the Quarters.
The other tie between BUL and Big League team Kigezi Homeboyz await the second leg after the former won 2-1 in Bugembe on Wednesday.
- Busoga United confirms Technical Staff Ahead of 2021/22 Season
- FORTEBET PAINTS MUKONO, KATOSI WITH AMAZING FREEBIES
- SC Villa: Full List of Confirmed Ins and Outs in Transfer Window
- Vipers: Oliveira Happy With Players’ Adaption to new Philosophy
- Uganda Cranes: Micho Summons 25-man Squad For Regional Tour