There is much anticipation ahead of this year’s Captain’s Bell Tournament after the event received an uplift from Absa Bank Uganda.
On Tuesday, Absa announced a Sh30m sponsorship package for the annual event due May 20-22 2021.
The tourney, which will be held at Uganda Golf Club in Kitante, will set the scene for the newly elected committee led by Captain Patrick Billy.
Announcing the sponsorship package, Absa Bank Uganda Managing Director Mumba Kalifungwa said that they are honoured to partner with Uganda Golf Club.
“Today marks our continued partnership with Uganda Golf Club, as Absa, we believe in the value of Sports as an avenue to bring people together. And like Mandela said – Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does.”
Representing captain Patrick Billy, the honorary Secretary of UGC Ruth Ssali commended the giving heart of Absa Bank.
Ssali also stated that about 200 golfers are expected to take part.
A kitty of Sh8m is up for grabs.
- Busoga United confirms Technical Staff Ahead of 2021/22 Season
- FORTEBET PAINTS MUKONO, KATOSI WITH AMAZING FREEBIES
- SC Villa: Full List of Confirmed Ins and Outs in Transfer Window
- Vipers: Oliveira Happy With Players’ Adaption to new Philosophy
- Uganda Cranes: Micho Summons 25-man Squad For Regional Tour