Tuesday, May 18
*Busoga United Vs Express
*Vipers Vs Mbarara
*Wakiso Giants vs BUL
*Onduparaka vs Bright Stars
*Kitara vs MYDA
- Vipers welcome back Siraje Ssentamu while Karim Watambale is in line for selection after missing the trip to Bombo
- Dissan Galiwango and Dan Sserunkuma are ruled with injuries
- Mbarara City are without the suspended duo of Pistis Barenge and Henry Kitegenyi
- Martin Elungat, John Adriko and Souleymane are all injured.
Vipers – Bashir Ssekagya, Paul Willa, Aziz Kayondo, Halid Lwaliwa, Livingston Mulondo, Siraje Ssentamu, Karim Watambala, Bobosi Byaruhanga, Paul Mucureezi, Ibrahim Orit, Yunus Ssentamu
Mbarara City – Muhamad Ssekeba, Stephen Othieno, Innocent Wafula, Ronald Otti, Ibrahim Magandazi, Ivan Eyam, Jude Ssemugabi, Bebe Swalik, Solomon Okwalinga, Bashir Mutanda, Makueth Wol
Preview: Vipers Seek To Bury Recent Home Blushes
The foundation for Vipers title quest has been built on their strong form at home this season.
However, they have gone three games without a win at St Mary’s Kitende – They drew goalless against Wakiso, lost to Express and needed a late Yunus Ssentamu strike to deny URA.
Prior, they had made Kitende a fortress – won nine games from as many.
The visit of Mbarara presents another test for coach Fred Kajoba who is handling each game as a final given the enormous pressure being a Vipers coach comes with as we approach the league’s final bend.
They were outstanding against Villa in Bombo, but one may argue that Villa didnt ask them any question. Whatever, any win against a rival brings more confidence and Vipers needed that.
Striker Yunus Ssentamu, the league’s leading scorer with 15 goals will carry the scoring burden once more but the Venomd will be expected to front the duo of Paul Mucureezi and Ibrahim Orit to hunt down their former pay masters.
Mbarara won the first round meeting 1-0 when former Vipers forward Henry Kitegenyi scored the only goal at Kakyeka.
And they have given Vipers all sorts of problems every time the two sides meet. In fact, they have picked a point in each of their last two visits at Kitende.
They come into this one on the back of a needed 2-1 win over Onduparaka in a game where striker Bashir Mutanda scored the winner. They will surely need the former Villa man at his best, as he knows Vipers in and out having studied at St Mary’s Kitende, played for Vipers for a season after graduating through their Junior Academy.
Head To Head
*Mbarara City 1-0 Vipers
*Mbarara City 0-0 Vipers
*Vipers 2-2 Mbarara City
*Mbarara City 0-0 Vipers
*Vipers 1-1 Mbarara City
*Vipers 2-0 Mbarara
*Mbarara City 0-1 Vipers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda
- Tibo Balemangi Tressor: Onduparaka Unveils Congolese Midfielder