Tuesday, May 18
*Onduparaka vs Bright stars
*Vipers vs Mbarara
*Busoga United vs Express
*Kitara vs MYDA
*Wakiso Giants Vs BUL
- Onduparaka will miss the services of defender Najib Tusaba who is ruled out after picking injury Against Mbarara City.
- Jamal Malish is doubtful with malaria while Okocha Rashid and Amis Muwonge remain out.
- For Bright Stars, Andrew Kaggwa and Joseph Kiggundu are suspended while Marvin Joseph, Ronald Nkonge and Jungu Methodius are unavailable with illness.
- Sam Sekitto, Ronald Sempala, Benson Wagima, Buule Kiwanuka and Hamis Gabite remain long term absentees.
Onduparaka – Michael Kagiri (GK), Allan Busobozi, Hakim Magombe, Hamza Geriga, Wasswa Shaban, Andama Denis, Mahdi Ajobe, Kabon Living, Gibson Adinho, Emmanuel Oketch, Matata Gabriel.
Bright Stars: Tamale Simon (GK), Allan Katwe, Andy Kyambadde, Buule Warren, Ngoobi Derrick, Ibrahim Kasinde, Henry Kiwanuka, Derrick Kigundu, Joseph Janjali, Samuel Ssekamatte, Akandwanaho Joseph.
Preview: Can Onduparaka Win back to back home games?
Greenlight Stadium is no longer an intimidation for the visitors as it used to be.
The Caterpillars have lost five times at the venue this term in the league.
In fact, they have not won at home for two consecutive games since they beat Police and Wakiso Giants in 2019.
Are the glory days long gone? Yes is not far away from the answer, in fact, it might be true.
On Tuesday, the ball is in their hands to prove doubters wrong when they host on form Bright Stars at Green light, a place where they beat SC Villa 1-0 thanks to Living Kabon goal.
However, after losing 2-1 away to Mbarara City at Kakyeka in their last game, Onduparaka worries are far bigger than protecting home turf.
They have to protect their league status – They sit seven points above relegation and still far away from safe if they fail to collect points in time.
Their opponent Soltillo Bright Stars have won four of their last five away matches and shared the spoils with SC Villa in Bombo.
The Japanese owned club won their last home game against BUL FC with a first minute goal from defender Derrick Ngoobi.
The result meant that Bright Stars have not tasted defeat in their last nine league games this season. They were fourth recently before KCCA played on Sunday, and will have a chance to go back in the higher echelons of the log if they beat Onduparaka.
Such highlights the enormous work Baker Mbowa, deservedly named UPL coach for last month, has done at this club.
This will be the 9th meeting between the pair – Onduparaka won 2, drawn 3 and lost as many.
Onduparaka won the first round tie 1-0 at Kavumba Recreation Ground thanks to Emmanuel Oketch goal.
Bright Stars have drawn two of their three trips in Arua against Onduparaka, yet score a goal.
Head To Head
Bright Stars 0-1 Onduparaka
*Bright Stars 1-0 Onduparaka
*Onduparaka – Bright Stars (not played)
*Onduparaka 0-0 Bright Stars
*Bright Stars 1-1 Onduparaka
*Bright Stars 2-1 Onduparaka
*Onduparaka 2-0 Bright Stars
*Onduparaka 0-0 Bright Stars
*Bright Stars 2-0 Onduparaka
- Busoga United confirms Technical Staff Ahead of 2021/22 Season
- FORTEBET PAINTS MUKONO, KATOSI WITH AMAZING FREEBIES
- SC Villa: Full List of Confirmed Ins and Outs in Transfer Window
- Vipers: Oliveira Happy With Players’ Adaption to new Philosophy
- Uganda Cranes: Micho Summons 25-man Squad For Regional Tour