Thursday, May 20
*Blacks Power vs Calvary, Emokori ground
*Mbale Heroes vs Paidha Black Angels, Mbale Municipal
*Maroons Vs Gaddafi, Prisons Luzira
*Terrazo & Tiles Vs Ndejje University, Kakyeka
*Tooro United Vs Proline, Buhinga
*Kigezi Homeboys Vs Water FC
- Mbale Heroes will have Geoffrey Rubangakane who returns from suspension while Musa Malouda is back from injury
- Striker Rashid Matovu has recovered from Malaria but missed Wednesday training. Joel Ayella is out nursing a knee injury he sustained in Gaddafi FC game. The club will also miss Ronald Magwali who is with the Sand Cranes (Beach Soccer).
- Paidha Black Angels will be without defender Steven Mwaka and Isaac Wandera who are both injured.
- Jerry Jakisa and James Jarieko are waiting for their license
Paidha BA – Jonathan Oyirwoth, Ronald Ssonko, Sabiri Cheka, Francis Bithum, Khalid Odagiu, Denis Okello, Kenneth Kaunda, Desmond Oyirwoth, Dickens Kilama, Victor Aweko, Patrick Aruwa
Mbale Heroes – Bashir Ibrahim, Kibumba Ibrahim, Lumbangakene Geoffrey, Karenzi Jamaldine Bucho, Kiberu Faizal, Male Joel, Owundo Vincent, Davis Mayanja, Musa Malouda, Munyolo Akiramu, Wamboka Edmond
Preview: Can Paidha Build On Maiden Win?
Patrick Aruwa scored the only goal as Paidha Black Angels beat Maroons at Barokoro to pick their first win in this season’s FUFA Big League.
Such was a brilliant start to their second round after enduring a tough first that saw them pick just one point from all seven games.
Paidha’s only point in the first round was against Mbale Heroes – Khalid Odagiu scored a penalty in the 75th minute but Luka Okori snatched a late equaliser for Mbale.
They are still rooted at the bottom with just four points but maximum points will put them two below Mbale Heroes.
Ensuring Big League safety will be key for coach Allan Kabonge as the playoff dream seems far away from reality as it stands.
The hosts on the other hand, Mbale Heroes, will be seeking to bounce back after falling 2-0 to Gaddafi FC – Method Bassey and James Otim scored for Gaddafi.
They have another go at Mbale Municipal Ground and they will be having their fans back to steer them across the line.
The Surgeons, as they prefer to be called, are sixth in eight-team Elgon group with nine points- two wins, three draws and as many losses.
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda
- Tibo Balemangi Tressor: Onduparaka Unveils Congolese Midfielder