Federation of Uganda Football Association, FUFA, has lined up a Uganda Cranes friendly with South African National team, Bafana Bafana, it is reported.
The Cranes are expected to face Bafana Bafana next month in South Africa.
The June window was made free after CAF postponed the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers matchday one fixtures.
The friendly is expected to fine tune team Uganda ahead of the World Cup Qualifiers, with the side pooled alongside Mali, Rwanda and Kenya.
Uganda and South Africa played out a one-all draw in the 2019 Cosafa Cup plate semifinal in Durban – Luther Singh cancelled out Dan Sserunkuma strike – before Bafana Bafana won 4-2 in shootouts.
South Africa also won the two legs in 2004 vs Uganda of the 2006 World Cup Qualifiers.
The Composition of the Cranes team to South Africa remains a guess while FUFA is yet to zero down on who will be the permanent national team coach after parting ways with Jonathan Mckinstry.
South Africa on the other hand, recently named Belgian Hugo Broos to replace Molefi Nteski who was relieved of his duties after the side failed to qualify to 2021 AFCON in Cameroon.
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda
- Tibo Balemangi Tressor: Onduparaka Unveils Congolese Midfielder