The Federation of Uganda Football Associations FUFA have set several guidelines that will be followed ahead of the 2021 Regional League.
The Regional League was given the go ahead to be played, during the FUFA Executive meeting that was chaired by FUFA President Eng Moses Magogo, last month.
In a letter written to the General secretaries of the FUFA Region Football Associations, competitions director Hajat Aisha Nalule noted that Players and Officials must be vaccinated for COVID-19 as on of the guidelines.
The decisions were made on 17th May 2021 at FUFA House Mengo in a meeting that was attended by the Regional Chairman, General secretaries among others.
Below are some of the guidelines that were set for Regional league resumption:
- All players and Officials who are to participate in the Regional league are advised to be vaccinated in the next two weeks in their respective region as further consultations on the COVID-19 SOPs and testing are finalized.
- The 2020/2021 season of the 3rd division league will be played on a one leg basis in groups of two.
- All Regional league clubs are required to finalize on the registration process of players and abide with the registration fees by 31st May 2021.
- The competition department will issue out player licenses by 7th June 2021 provided that all requirements of player licensing are submitted within reasonable time.
- Each team will be given a maximum of 25 players, in case a club does not have all the 25 players on the system, provisional licenses of up to 6 players will be issued, however they should meet the minimum requirements for player licensing.
- By 15th July 2021, all Regions are required to submit the teams for the promotional playoffs to FUFA Big League which are scheduled to take place between 15th July 2021 and 30th July 2021.
Last season, the Regional League was nullified following the Coronavirus outbreak.