The 2021 Dr. Aporu Okol international memorial tournament has been cancelled, The Uganda Volleyball Federation has confirmed.
Marking its 28th Edition, the coveted tournament was expected to take place from June 12- June 13th 2021, in Boma grounds, Kumi district.
However, following the President’s new directive of banning cross district travels in the bid to curb the spread of Covid-19, the Custodians of local Volleyball have found the situation not liable for the tournament to go on, and hence cancellation.
The tournament attracts both corporate and clubs but unlike the previous editions , this year’s tournament had excluded schools as away of adhering to Kumi district Covid19 task force regulations.
Last year the tournament didn’t take place due the lockdown and it will be the case scenario this year.
The tournament is held annually in memory of Dr.Aporu Okol who was an ardent supporter of Ugandan Volleyball.
He was part of the national team that played Zone V qualification for a contienetial championship in 1975 where Uganda finished third.
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda
- Tibo Balemangi Tressor: Onduparaka Unveils Congolese Midfielder