The Uganda Rugby Cranes’ coaching team has named the 12 players that will represent the country at tbe forthcoming Olympic Repechage Tournament.
The tourney takes place in Monaco on June 19-20, and will act as the qualifier for the Tokyo Olympics.
Uganda is grouped in Pool B alongside France, Hong Kong, Chile and Jamaica. Pool A has Samoa, Ireland, Tonga, Zimbabwe and Mexico.
With Just one Olympic ticket available, the teams will play against all four opponents in their pools with the top two teams from each pool progressing through two knockout stages, culminating in a winner being decided in the final.
The squad of 12 has been cut from 34 who were training in the past weeks.
James Odongo, Kelvin Balagadde and Joseph Aredo have been dropped despite being part of the team that made it to the Solidaity camp in South Africa last month.
Uganda’s Group Schedule – Olympic Repechange
*June 18: Uganda Vs Jamaica
*June 19: Hongkong Vs Uganda
*June 19: France Vs Uganda
*June 20: Chile Vs Uganda
Uganda Rugby Cranes Sevens Players – Michael Wokorach, Philip Wokorach, Adrian Kasito, Timothy Kisiga, Ian Munyani, Aaron Ofoywroth, Desire Ayera, Solomon Okia, Nobert Okeny, Byron Oketayot, Levis Ochen, Isaac Massanganzira.
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda
- Tibo Balemangi Tressor: Onduparaka Unveils Congolese Midfielder