Express FC pair of striker Eric Kambale and head coach Wasswa Bbosa have been named the best in the Uganda Premier League awards for the month of May.
The duo were crowned on a Monday morning in an event held at the Kati Kati restaurant. They each take home Shs.1m given out by Pilsner Lager.
To scoop the gong, Kambale beat URA FC’s Steven Mukwala and Wakiso Giant’s Viane Ssekajugo after netting eight goals in five games for the month of May.
The forward who had an impressive run scored a hat-trick against Kyetume away from home, grabbed a brace against Kitara and scored each against Busoga United, UPDF FC and Police FC.
On the other hand, Bbosa edged URA FC’s tactician Sam Simbwa and Wakiso Giant’s Douglas Bamweyana for the best coach of the month of May.
The Express FC tactician guided his side to five victories out of the five games played in May and they currently sit at the top of the Uganda Premier league table.
Bright Stars duo of striker Samuel Ssekamate and coach Baker Mbowa were crowned the player and coach of April.
The winners of this award which is handed out every month, walk away with a plaque and cash prize of UGX 1M.
- Olympics: Preview, Time and How To Watch Nanziri’s Bout With Tsukimi
- CID To Probe UOC over Irregularities In Ssekitoleko’s Travel To Japan
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI